*NEW* Cormega - Sleep Talk (Feat. Dwele) (Off 'Who AM I' OST)

Casey

Staff member
I've been a big 'Mega fan for a while. Back in like 2001, the best site for downloading music was a place called Audiogalaxy. It had a massive database of stuff and it had a small software client that would run and the background and download all the songs you had queued up to download via the site.

Anyway you could make your own groups on there and I made a Cormega one which rapidly gained about 3000 members and was the biggest Cormega group on the site by a mile.

This was in the months leading up to Nas releasing Stillmatic which I believe came out in December. I remember copping that the day it came out. So 'Mega and Nas were throwin' shots at each other at this point which we knew about since Westwood had been playing "Destroy & Rebuild" on his show a LOT. (Yeah the guy's a douche but for a 14 year old kid in the UK with a 56k dial up modem it was the easiest way to hear all the latest tracks)

So anyway, at some point just after Nas had dropped that track, 'Mega was doing a show in NYC, where he flipped out on Nas big time, performing the track "Fuck Nas" which was done a couple of years earlier after 'Mega was kicked out of The Firm, and then he dropped these sick ass freestyles just blazing Nas hard. He dissed the fuck outta him.

The very next morning a dude on my Audiogalaxy group who had bootlegged the gig sent me the audio of it. It was fucking insane. I wish I still had that audio, never seen it anywhere online since then.

Theres a random mega anecdote for ya. This track is dope by the way, the sample is ill. Repped! I can tell you are a 'Mega fan since your username is "Testament" - that is one dope album, I remember having the bootlegs of some of that shit years before it came out. I had this massive ass list of unreleased Cormega stuff at one point. Wasn't there some audio of a boat party that Mobb Deep held and Mega performed at? I swear I had that.

This song is incredible, i hope people start recognizing him. Militant pls if u could do me a favor pls gimme links to some of the unrealesed stuff that you have. I just wanna listen to more of his stuff. The first time i heard saga remix i knew that he was the best rapper i ever heard. From then on ive bought every cormega album i could find. Anybody else think love is love is his best song?

Casey

Staff member
This song is incredible, i hope people start recognizing him. Militant pls if u could do me a favor pls gimme links to some of the unrealesed stuff that you have. I just wanna listen to more of his stuff. The first time i heard saga remix i knew that he was the best rapper i ever heard. From then on ive bought every cormega album i could find. Anybody else think love is love is his best song?
prasad im talkin 5 years ago since i backed that shit up but i have an idea where it might b....will try 2 dig out the disc n c if it still works....

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.