New book criticises blacks who use N-word

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Author H. Lewis Smith’s new book “Bury That Sucka” takes a look at the “bizarre love affair the black community has with the N-word.”

“Throughout Black History Month, while paying homage to black history, every single day there will be those African Americans calling one another ‘niggas,’ Smith says in a statement. “And this undignified act and lack of respect is supposed to be acceptable and condoned amidst the black community?”

Through “Bury That Sucka,” Smith suggests that “the N-word is a mask which hides the rich and rewarding history of African Americans and the continued use of the word helps to bury that rich history.

“‘Bury That Sucka’ reveals why African Americans display this disrespectful and lackadaisical demeanor towards themselves and those heroes and heroines supposedly to be enshrined during Black History Month and why this trend of nonchalance needs to be reversed.”

The book is currently available at BarnesandNoble.com, Amazon.com and major bookstores nationwide. For more information about the book and the author, please visit: http://www.burythatsucka.com.

Chronic

S O F I S T I K said:
The use of the n-word. It's a cultural taboo that needs to stop.
What good would come off it no longer being a taboo (I think it's only a taboo among people who are scared to use it because they don't feel it's their place to use it in the first place)?

Just curious about your opinion, not asking for discussion purposes.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Chronic said:
What good would come off it no longer being a taboo (I think it's only a taboo among people who are scared to use it because they don't feel it's their place to use it in the first place)?

Just curious about your opinion, not asking for discussion purposes.
What I meant by taboo is, it's a word commonly used among black while it has a really definite and negative meaning. To say that somebody has the right to use the word is wrong. In today's society, a Black man is "allowed" to call another man the n-word because it means "brother". But, what they don't understand is, it spits in the face of everything their grandparents and great grandparents fought for. The word should be eliminated from everybody's vocabulary. Notice how the older African American generations don't uphold the use of the word?

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
HellRazor05 said:
This "taboo" as you call it isn't gonna stop cuz of some author's opinion.
So, please, tell me, what is the point of your post? Are you indicating that we should not speak out about anything in this world, just because it's our own opinion? Are you indicating that Black people are stubborn and won't listen to anybody? WHAT IS THE POINT OF YOUR POST?!??

The point is not whether it's gonna stop or not, the point is that it should.

I think it depends on how they say the N-word.. being nigger which is a racial slur towards black people in general, then the other term nigga, which means brother, friend etc etc. It doesnt have to stop, because it depends on who is using the word, some people might say to their cousin "Sup nigga?!" thats just like a greeting. Where as others will use it as a harsh word.

S O F I S T I K said:
So, please, tell me, what is the point of your post? Are you indicating that we should not speak out about anything in this world, just because it's our own opinion? Are you indicating that Black people are stubborn and won't listen to anybody? WHAT IS THE POINT OF YOUR POST?!??

The point is not whether it's gonna stop or not, the point is that it should.
Daaaaaaamn homie. Take a fuckin breather would ya? You said hopefully what this author says will put an end to people using the word. I, however, looked at it from a more realistic angle. That being, the whole black race isn't gonna stop using the word because some random author thinks it's wrong. If you feel that strongly about it why don't you write a book?

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
the word nigga aint never gonna die off. so they need to stop puttin out bookz n shit.

put a book out on crackaz

HellRazor05 said:
Daaaaaaamn homie. Take a fuckin breather would ya? You said hopefully what this author says will put an end to people using the word. I, however, looked at it from a more realistic angle. That being, the whole black race isn't gonna stop using the word because some random author thinks it's wrong. If you feel that strongly about it why don't you write a book?

Word! lmfao

S O F I S T I K said:
What I meant by taboo is, it's a word commonly used among black while it has a really definite and negative meaning. To say that somebody has the right to use the word is wrong. In today's society, a Black man is "allowed" to call another man the n-word because it means "brother". But, what they don't understand is, it spits in the face of everything their grandparents and great grandparents fought for. The word should be eliminated from everybody's vocabulary. Notice how the older African American generations don't uphold the use of the word?
nice post co sign.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.