New Bay Area Vs Old Bay Area

WHICH ERA YOU FEELING MORE?

• OLD BAY AREA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NEW BAY AREA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Freedom Froggy

this is just a thread to see, if your a bay area rap fan, do you like the old bay area (pre 2000) or the new bayarea(2000+) music styles

old being e40 and the click... rappin 4 tay, the luniz, 3xkrazy, the delinquents ewtc when they was all on that raw and uncut shyt and bay area love

or

new being the hyphy movement.... go dumb get stupid... scrapers and thats all everybody talks about... needless to say there are some nice tracks

old because it sounded so smooth and everybody was feelin it.now they just makin up shit to stay secluded.40 water don't even sound the same.i want lieutenant roast-a-bitch back.remeber freaky tales?you could get made pussy of that track,or phillies by the luniz.man them was the dayz

Old Bay, without a doubt. How can you argue w/ such a classic track record:

Dru Down-Can U Feel Me-Best Bay Record of All Time, IMO
Rappin' 4-Tay-Off Parole
Richie Rich-Seasoned Veteran
E-40-In a Major Way, Tha Hall of Game
Mac Dre-Stupid Doo Doo Dumb
Spice 1-1990-Sick
Mac Mall-Untouchable
Luniz-Operation Stackola
Too $hort-Cocktails

Not to mention R U Still Down-era 'Pac.

KanDeeMan said:
Old Bay, without a doubt. How can you argue w/ such a classic track record:

Dru Down-Can U Feel Me-Best Bay Record of All Time, IMO
Rappin' 4-Tay-Off Parole
Richie Rich-Seasoned Veteran
E-40-In a Major Way, Tha Hall of Game
Mac Dre-Stupid Doo Doo Dumb
Spice 1-1990-Sick
Mac Mall-Untouchable
Luniz-Operation Stackola
Too $hort-Cocktails

Not to mention R U Still Down-era 'Pac.
untouchable/unfuckwitable/raise like a pitbull heart pump nitro
that was the song.classic album

I'm gonna say Northern Cali instead of tha Bay, because you can't forget everybody from Sac Town (everybody on AWOL records), Vallejo (Celly Cell, E-40 + more), and Stockton (Doja Click + more). I think 1998 and before was when Northern Cali rap was just amazing, especially all that underground music. Northern Cali rap 2000-today is just absolute trash. Tha beats are terrible, they don't put any effort in it, they just wanna get payed. Old Northern Cali rap is truely tha greatest music ever created.

WESTSIDE!!!

I know it's partly the wrong place/time to say this, I already put my vote in for Old Bay, but to 2PacThug4Life, Old LBC>>>>Old Northern Cali. I love Lynch, X-Raided, C-Bo and them, but as far as one of the greatest breeding grounds for good music/hip hop, like Compton in the late 80's, early 90's, you cannot fuck with Long Beach from '91-'96:

Snoop, Warren G & Nate Dogg (213, although I'm not 100% Nate always lived in LBC)
Tha Twinz
Tha Dove Shack
Foesum
Tha Eastsidaz (once again, not 100% sure)
E-White
Bad Azz
Domino
Daz Dillinger
Tha Mexakinz (Sinful)
Crooked I (though he started later than '96, I'm sure)

I'm not sure about Butch Cassidy and Battlecat, but there's a good chance they're from Long Beach, too. Butch is family to Nate Dogg and Battlecat was Domino's DJ during his early career.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.