Nelly 'Flyer Than Velvet' On Star-Packed Set Of Biggie's 'Nasty Girl' Clip

Nelly 'Flyer Than Velvet' On Star-Packed Set Of Biggie's 'Nasty Girl' Clip
11.28.2005 8:38 PM EST

Nelly and Diddy on the set of "Nasty Girl"
Photo: Getty Images

It was as simple as counting the bars and figuring out the place to incorporate hand claps with the two-step. Nelly, dressed in a black velvet sport coat, didn't take too long to get everything together as he filmed scenes for the "Nasty Girl" video with his partner Diddy.

"It's a P. Diddy video, what can you say?" Nelly smiled, revealing his diamond-encrusted grill, a couple of weeks back on the set of the video in New York. "It's a blowout affair like that. You just saw me in my army fatigue talking about 'Grillz' [in my last video], now I'm flyer than velvet. It's a beautiful thing. The spirit is beautiful right now. I think everybody is honored to be a part of this song. That's why you gonna see so many cameos in this video."

"Nasty Girl" is the first single from The Notorious B.I.G. Duets: The Final Chapter, due December 20 (see "Biggie Duets LP Features Eminem, Snoop, Tupac, Nas, Ludacris"). Besides Nelly and Diddy, Jazze Pha, Jagged Edge, Usher, Pharrell Williams, Jim Jones and Babs came down at one point or another for the two-day shoot with director Sanaa Hamri.

"It's kind of like if you asked somebody what it's like being on a track with Elvis," Nelly continued about his guest-starring stint. "Seriously. This is like our hip-hop Elvis. I feel kinda cheated I didn't get to meet the man. F--- a song, I wanted to meet him. I didn't get a chance to do that, but now I'm really getting a chance to be a part of something special, something that will not only benefit his legacy but his family in the long run."

It turned into a bigger party off camera than it was on camera once all the celebs got a little downtime to sip champagne.

"We here and it's great," Diddy yelled, surrounded by everyone. "Pharrell is in the house with the #1 record in hip-hop with Gwen Stefani. What's up, Pharrell? ... We all here. We're right here supporting my man Notorious B.I.G.

"I picked this as the single because this was the record that gave me a feeling and gave everybody a feeling of partying," Diddy added. "Whenever you listen to Biggie's singles, from 'Big Poppa' to 'Juicy' to 'One More Chance,' Biggie's singles aren't hard-core, rip-your-head-off singles. They're singles that give you a great feeling. This song gives you a great feeling and it's a lovefest song."

For the album, it seems like Diddy secured just about everyone in hip-hop. Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, T.I., the Diplomats, Tupac, Big Pun, Fat Joe, Freeway, Mary J. Blige, Bobby Valentino and Nas are just some of the artists who appear on the LP.

The Notorious B.I.G. Duets: The Final Chapter track list, according to Bad Boy:

"B.I.G. Live in Jamaica" (Intro)
"The Most Shady" (featuring Diddy, Eminem and Obie Trice)
"Spit Your Game" (featuring Twista and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony)
"Whatchu Want" (featuring Jay-Z)
"The Funk" (featuring Nate Dogg and Redman)
"Get Your Grind On" (featuring Big Pun, Fat Joe and Freeway)
"Living the Life" (featuring Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Faith Evans, Cheri Dennis and Bobby Valentino)
"The Greatest Rapper" (Interlude)
"1970 Somethin' " (featuring the Game and Faith Evans)
"Nasty Girl" (featuring Diddy, Nelly, Jagged Edge and Avery Storm)
"Living in Pain" (featuring 2Pac, Mary J. Blige and Nas)
"Beef" (featuring Mobb Deep)
"I'm Wit Whateva" (featuring Lil Wayne, Juelz Santana and Jim Jones)
"My Dad" (Interlude)
"Hustler's Story" (featuring Scarface, Akon and Big Gee of Boyz N Da Hood)
"Breakin' Old Habits" (featuring T.I. and Slim Thug)
"Ultimate Rush" (featuring Missy Elliott)
"Mi Casa" (featuring R. Kelly and Charlie Wilson)
"Little Homie" (Interlude)
"Hold Ya Head" (featuring Bob Marley)
"Wake Up Now" (featuring Korn)
"Love Is Everlasting" (Outro)

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1514460/20051123/nelly.jhtml?headlines=true

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Its a crap album, still, theyve put more effort into the promotion and single than anyone did for any of Pac's recent albums.

IMO it's a crap album because 1/2 the material is recycled. biggie has almost no unreleased material left, and this album is proof. that's why they keep re-using the same verses. he just "rhymed a few bars so he could buy a few cars" - it was only his career. it wasn't his life like pac's. 2pac albums don't get the promo $, but at least we get new verses.

Loyal To The Game was filled with verses that the general public hadn't heard before, but it took them 5 or 6 months even release a fuckin single. This album may be shit, but you've gotta give props to Bad Boy for the promotion behind it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.