Nelly Disses Ice-T For Dissing Soulja Boy

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQqBhkSXOVI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kQqBhkSXOVI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Its the West Coast vs. The South! I know Nelly is from Missouri but he was born in the South. Texas to be exact. He's a Midwest dude and has the Southern sound in his music. Oh yeah, why is Nelly messing with another OG in Hip-Hop? First it was KRS-One now he wants to go at Ice-T?!

raywaters11

who gives a fuck about ice t anymore anyways? he makes a song called cop killer, then he goes and plays a cop on the worst crime drama tv show around.

nelly had some good points, about old people trying to monopolize the game and tell young people not to listen to so and so. i remember a few yrs back when i was in high school some old rapper, i think from public enemy, was tellin people not to listen to 50 cent [before he turned hip-pop] and i was like who the fuck is he to tell me what to listen to. it does seem like OG's are becoming haters.

with all that said, fuck souljah boy.
and nelly, i never liked him either. but damn he got huge. he must be on the 50 cent steroids and skittles diet.

who gives a fuck about ice t anymore anyways? he makes a song called cop killer, then he goes and plays a cop on the worst crime drama tv show around.

nelly had some good points, about old people trying to monopolize the game and tell young people not to listen to so and so. i remember a few yrs back when i was in high school some old rapper, i think from public enemy, was tellin people not to listen to 50 cent [before he turned hip-pop] and i was like who the fuck is he to tell me what to listen to. it does seem like OG's are becoming haters.

with all that said, fuck souljah boy.
and nelly, i never liked him either. but damn he got huge. he must be on the 50 cent steroids and skittles diet.

First off, if you don't know who public enemy is then you know nothing about fucking hiphop. These old dudes are not being haters, they are simply stating a fact that hiphop has taken a turn for the worse, i wish to fucking god almighty that i could go back to the days of public enemy, tribe, nwa and all that shit... todays' music in general is generic and lazy. There is little to do with talent and more to do with marketing. I don't think soulja boy single handedly killed hiphop but instead the people behind soulja boy are continuously killing it. Hiphop today is completely uninspiring and lacks any kind of feeling or depth, it's all about simple ass beats with alot of bass and lyrics about fly rides and how iced out you are. I mean seriously, people are rapping about how much money they got on their first single, how fucking stupid is that. You think nas was doing that shit.. It's no longer about the tough times in that these people go through, it's about how many rings/watches/bitches/whips i got, which is plain and simple fucking sad.

I don't agree 100% with ice t and what he did.. but i understand his perspective. He may not be relevent, but he was around when hiphop itself was relevent so his opinion does matter like it or not.

raywaters11

First off, if you don't know who public enemy is then you know nothing about fucking hiphop.
i never said i didnt know who public enemy was, everyone knows who public enemy was, i said i didnt know who the rapper was that said it, then i said i think it was public enemy. read it again. then i said "who the fuck is he to tell me what to listen to" not, who the fuck is he. get your shit straight.

you act like the old school rap was beautiful and ingenious, all they talked about were killing people, drawing money on the first of the month, and being niggaz wit attitudes. i like old music, i love nas' old stuff, tupac is my favorite rapper [not really considered old school] ll cool j from back in the day was some of the best rap ever, the fresh prince n jazzy jeff, snoop and dre, nate dogg, warren g, etc.

but what you must not get is, things change. and change is good. basketball used to be a bunch of short white guys dribbling a ball up and down a court, missing shots and no dunks/three pointers. i bet some people miss those days [if they're still alive] because people played for the love of the game, not for the cash. but i would much rather see kobe and lebron doing 360's, even if it is solely for the money, what about you?

if a rapper's only motivation is the money, then more power to them. if thats what brings out the best in them creatively, smile for them, dont chastise them. the old rappers are stuck in the 80s and they always will be. you dont see new rappers lookin for a new hit single with ice t in it. the old rappers who can adapt, live on. dr dre, snoop dogg, rakim, krs one, etc are still on hit tracks even tho they aren't at their best anymore, they can adapt and live on. survival of the fittest.

50 cent, eminem, jay z, the game, ti, kanye west, dmx, fabolous, fat joe, ludacris, nelly, chamillionaire, akon, lil wayne, tpain, bun b, cashis, g unit.... you may not like them all but are you really saying rap would be better without all these artists? they all talk about their cars, bitches, watches, etc. so do you really want to get rid of all of them? tupac bragged about his cars and bitches. biggie bragged about his watches, clothes etc.

your post is narrow minded when you say today's rap is all the same and only talking about material goods. listen to some lupe fiasco, or some of kanye's music, or some of ti's serious music, or eminem's music, or some of ludacris' deeper stuff, or some of cham's stuff, unless you just listen to their hit singles and assume "hoes in different area codes" is all they talk about.

Kadafi Son

i never said i didnt know who public enemy was, everyone knows who public enemy was, i said i didnt know who the rapper was that said it, then i said i think it was public enemy. read it again. then i said "who the fuck is he to tell me what to listen to" not, who the fuck is he. get your shit straight.

you act like the old school rap was beautiful and ingenious, all they talked about were killing people, drawing money on the first of the month, and being niggaz wit attitudes. i like old music, i love nas' old stuff, tupac is my favorite rapper [not really considered old school] ll cool j from back in the day was some of the best rap ever, the fresh prince n jazzy jeff, snoop and dre, nate dogg, warren g, etc.

but what you must not get is, things change. and change is good. basketball used to be a bunch of short white guys dribbling a ball up and down a court, missing shots and no dunks/three pointers. i bet some people miss those days [if they're still alive] because people played for the love of the game, not for the cash. but i would much rather see kobe and lebron doing 360's, even if it is solely for the money, what about you?

if a rapper's only motivation is the money, then more power to them. if thats what brings out the best in them creatively, smile for them, dont chastise them. the old rappers are stuck in the 80s and they always will be. you dont see new rappers lookin for a new hit single with ice t in it. the old rappers who can adapt, live on. dr dre, snoop dogg, rakim, krs one, etc are still on hit tracks even tho they aren't at their best anymore, they can adapt and live on. survival of the fittest.

50 cent, eminem, jay z, the game, ti, kanye west, dmx, fabolous, fat joe, ludacris, nelly, chamillionaire, akon, lil wayne, tpain, bun b, cashis, g unit.... you may not like them all but are you really saying rap would be better without all these artists? they all talk about their cars, bitches, watches, etc. so do you really want to get rid of all of them? tupac bragged about his cars and bitches. biggie bragged about his watches, clothes etc.

your post is narrow minded when you say today's rap is all the same and only talking about material goods. listen to some lupe fiasco, or some of kanye's music, or some of ti's serious music, or eminem's music, or some of ludacris' deeper stuff, or some of cham's stuff, unless you just listen to their hit singles and assume "hoes in different area codes" is all they talk about.
Half the "new" school artist you named have actually been in the rap game b4 2000. And still, the other of the rappers, I feel the rap game can do without. You can say some relevant stuff is still found in rap music today (like lupe, some kanye, some serious TI & ludacris's stuff), but you knoe like I know that it'll never get as much airtime like the constant materialistic shit I here all day. Back in the day, a rapper could rap on MULTIPLE concepts.

So what if 2pac bragged about his Jag. He also addressed other elements in his life to. And not just him, a bunch of other 90's cats did that to. Nowadays, the albums ain't as diverse. The only thing music today inspires me to do is make up my own dance and pretend like I'm stuntin, cuz it seems that all I need to be considered "talented" by the commercial media. What kind of mess is that?

I'm not all for Ice T dissin little kids, but I side wit him. Shit, at 14, I was writing diverse rap songs. Most of the rappers back in the 90's were barely out their teen years making hits that had creativity. So what is that scribble scrabble Souljah Boy calls himself rappin? Even Bow Wow came out with some better shit when he was 16 until he started writing his own shit.

A portion of the problem in hip hop is in these industries. Old white people with there shirts tucked in tellin the media whats hot or not. Its common sense that they are tryin to pollute these kids mind with this garbage. I used to be able to learn from a rapper, but nowadays, I gotta search far and wide just to find somethin relevent and lyrical.

raywaters11

true most of them have been rapping since pre-2000 but that doesnt make them old school by any means. i dont even consider tupac n biggie old school.

singles are ALWAYS about money bitches cars and shit like that, but most rappers have some serious materials on their albums, just gotta find the diamond in the rough. j-kwon was one of the biggest one hit wonders but if you bought his album you'd know he had some real talent lyrically

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.