Need help!

Farzin

OK i need some new music/artist. Well i want something with decent production but not too experimental, good flow and good lyrics.

Does'nt matter where they are from what they do or whatever. As long as it's good and i havent heard it i am all for it.

PLease tell me the artists name, best album, possible best songs and some info on the artist.

Well thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this thread.

Peace

PS. i wouldnt mind if you post tracks/albums :D :p

Farzin

Here are a few things i am listenign to right now that might help you to find out what i would like.

Proof - i miss the hip hop shop
Immortal technique - rev. vol 1 and 2
Murs - 3.16
The Last Emp. - Music magic myth
Fesu - war with no mercy
Xzibit - weapons of mass destruction

It doesnt matter if the stuff you guys post is old or new it just has to be new to me.

roaches

If you like Proof, check for Elzhi from Slum Village. He just dropped a pretty good mixtape, Witness My Growth.

If you like Immortal Technique, check for the Coup. Party Music was their last album.
If you like Murs, check for Aceyalone. All Balls Don't Bounce and A Book of Human Language are his best albums.

If you like The Last Emperor, check out Black Moon, Heltah Skeltah, etc.

If you like Fesu, check Kam or Scarface or someshit.

If you still like Xzibit, check out a hearing test.

Farzin

roaches said:
If you like Proof, check for Elzhi from Slum Village. He just dropped a pretty good mixtape, Witness My Growth.

If you like Immortal Technique, check for the Coup. Party Music was their last album.
If you like Murs, check for Aceyalone. All Balls Don't Bounce and A Book of Human Language are his best albums.

LOL whats wrong with xzibit ?

well thanks for the help i'll check those out.

Roaches what do you currently listen to ?

BTW. who should i check out if i like AZ and Nas?

Lok

For real, you need to drop Proof & Xzibit.
Anyway, if you like Fesus album, you should check out his first album as well. It was produced by TK & although it's not as good as his "War With No Mercy" it's still a solid album.

Fesu - Life Goes On (1992)
Fesu - Life Goes On
Fesu - What You See

Anything you can get from One Gud Cide, my favorite group:

One Gud Cide - Contradictions (1999)
One Gud Cide - Imagine If
One Gud Cide - Hell On Earth

One Gud Cide - Look What The Streets Made (1996)
One Gud Cide - Time To Be A Man

Edit: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/1gudcide

roaches said:

all the above as well as Lyrics Born

MF Doom man he is the best in the underground. but you said not too experimental right? maybe you won't like this guy's style... give it a try if you haven't already

Farzin

Thanks for all the replies. sorry i wasnt arround to answer to all the posts.
so far i only got to check out elzhi who i liked and the songs sentenced gave the links to but i didnt like those much.

oh and i heard 1 or 2 songs by mf doom which i didnt like too much but i liked him on that song with de la soul so i dont know. maybe its his experimental production but i give it another try.

PS. Hurts send me that jean grae album when you get the time please :D just PM me the yousendit.com link. thanks but if you dont get arround to it thats cool

Farzin

^i dont know what i heard which was 3 songs at the most it sounded kinda experimental but maybe it was just those songs.

maybe you can recommend a few good songs by him

PDT

Check some MF Doom [Madvillainy, Vaudeville Villain, VV2]

Some older shit, maybe some Black Moon [Enta Da Stage] and Smif-N-Wessun [Dah Shinin'] I been gettin' into that shit.

roaches

Well, Madvillainy wasn't produced by MF Doom. It was a collaborative effort with a producer by the name of Madlib.

Doom's true solo albums are Operation: Doomsday! and Mm..Food. He produced all of the first one himself, and most of the second one. Take a listen to "Hoe Cakes", "Deep-Fried Frenz", "Doomsday", and "Dead Bent". Those are probably the most easily-digested Doom songs.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.