Naughty by Nature "Iicons", banging slept on record.

7 Syns

I got my Naughty by Nature Iicons record out today, dusted it off, put it in the cd player and pushed play. I forgot how good the record is, now I understand that it's relatively weak compared to their self titled debut or sophomore release 19 Naughty III. But I thoroughly enjoy this record. I mean I remember when that first single 'Feels Good' with 3LW dropped they caught some heat from fans for it. And when the second single 'What You Wanna Do' with Pink followed shit went even further. But really, the rest of the LP is nice.

Rock & Roll with Meth and Redman is definatley an ill track. I completely forgot this track even existed 'till I re-bumped it today. Meth and Red along with Treach and Vinnie come nice with it.

Rah Rah with Rottin Razkalz is another banger. Infact it's the last time I heard of the Razkals, what ever happened to them?

Naughty By Nature with Carl Thomas is on some golden age hip-hop. The beat, the rhymes right down to the hook are just straight sick. Vintage naughty by nature infact vintage hip-hop.

N.J. To L.A. was also a solid track. Again it featured Rottin Razkalz.

Red Light and Ashes To Ashes were hot tracks. Latifah on the hook for Red Light and Bumpy (Freddie Foxxx) and Icarus (check for this kid) came with it on Ashes To Ashes. The hook lacked on the later though.

What U Don't Know was fire. The beat had like a carribean feel, I like it. I added this track to alotta mixtapes back in the day.

Wild Muthafuckaz is the first track I ever heard Lil' Jon on. I had heard of him but never heard him or his production. I remember playing this shit over and over, that first verse was fire.

Family Tree rounded a solid record off nicely.

It's pretty underrated and got really overlooked, as Naughty By Nature are. Anyways drop opinions on it and any other Naughty By nature related topics..

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.