NATAS featuring Esham release album on January 24

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
What would happen if a lyrical genius disguised himself as a musical madman? He'd be an acid-rapper, of course. Esham, widely considered the granddaddy of the rock-rap genre, and his group Natas release their highly anticipated original album, N Of Tha World on January 24, 2006, four years after their last recording together.

Often thought of as a sage rap prodigy by hip-hop's cognoscenti, Esham's fork-tongued lyrics and acerbic wit form the basis of his rhymes, many of which are critical of the country's current political and social climate. For a rap artist frequently credited for influencing death-metal acts like Slipknot and Marilyn Manson, as well as rap-rockers like Kid Rock and Eminem, the most unexpected aspect of Esham may be his love for classic Philadelphia soul and contemporary blues. Esham's sound has been borrowed and appropriated by many of today's bigger rap stars, though they may not always pay him homage. Nevertheless, Esham is ecstatic about the new album. He says, " N Of Tha World is different from previous Natas albums 'cause it talks about all the shit that's going on in the world today, all the social and political issues. We are the voice for the voiceless. This album, it's the wicket shit. It's modern-day blues. We don't call it 'heavy metal,' we call it 'heavy mental'."

Natas -- an acronym for "Nation Ahead of Time And Space" -- consists of Esham, TNT (Tony Montana) and Mastamind (Gary Reed), a fiery and eclectic trio of creative minds with Esham as the producer and MC. He says of the team, "TNT really stepped-up on this album, as a lyricist. You know, I like to take it back to the old Metallica style." Natas is part hip-hop, part death-metal, part social commentary. When on "Why You Gotta Lie" he rails, "You lyin'-ass politicians! / You lyin', bitch-ass President / All you mothafuckas lyin'!", we must admit: we feel the same way.

N Of Tha World
is extremely catchy. Like some hard dope, listeners will be hooked. The album is awash in contrasts: heavy rock guitars and acidic rhymes dominate the blistering "Natas," the enraged "Worlds Apart" and the commercially viable "Niggaz Alwayz Talking Alotta Shit ," while soulful instrumentals and pensive reflection characterize the sentimental "Long As I Live" and "Pancakes And Syrup ," and the funk-a-delic "?." The music rumbles your gut, the beats rattle your teeth, and the rhymes blow your mind. The verses on N Of Tha World are as cutting as they are poignant. The beats are as irresistible as they are thrilling. On "Long As I Live," Esham raps gently, "I'm not talking 'gansta' / I'm talking 'God'."

For more info check out www.acidrap.com

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
Pittsey said:
What would happen if a lyrical genius disguised himself as a musical madman? He'd be an acid-rapper, of course. Esham, widely considered the granddaddy of the rock-rap genre, and his group Natas release their highly anticipated original album, N Of Tha World on January 24, 2006, four years after their last recording together.

Often thought of as a sage rap prodigy by hip-hop's cognoscenti, Esham's fork-tongued lyrics and acerbic wit form the basis of his rhymes, many of which are critical of the country's current political and social climate. For a rap artist frequently credited for influencing death-metal acts like Slipknot and Marilyn Manson, as well as rap-rockers like Kid Rock and Eminem, the most unexpected aspect of Esham may be his love for classic Philadelphia soul and contemporary blues. Esham's sound has been borrowed and appropriated by many of today's bigger rap stars, though they may not always pay him homage. Nevertheless, Esham is ecstatic about the new album. He says, " N Of Tha World is different from previous Natas albums 'cause it talks about all the shit that's going on in the world today, all the social and political issues. We are the voice for the voiceless. This album, it's the wicket shit. It's modern-day blues. We don't call it 'heavy metal,' we call it 'heavy mental'."

Natas -- an acronym for "Nation Ahead of Time And Space" -- consists of Esham, TNT (Tony Montana) and Mastamind (Gary Reed), a fiery and eclectic trio of creative minds with Esham as the producer and MC. He says of the team, "TNT really stepped-up on this album, as a lyricist. You know, I like to take it back to the old Metallica style." Natas is part hip-hop, part death-metal, part social commentary. When on "Why You Gotta Lie" he rails, "You lyin'-ass politicians! / You lyin', bitch-ass President / All you mothafuckas lyin'!", we must admit: we feel the same way.

N Of Tha World
is extremely catchy. Like some hard dope, listeners will be hooked. The album is awash in contrasts: heavy rock guitars and acidic rhymes dominate the blistering "Natas," the enraged "Worlds Apart" and the commercially viable "Niggaz Alwayz Talking Alotta Shit ," while soulful instrumentals and pensive reflection characterize the sentimental "Long As I Live" and "Pancakes And Syrup ," and the funk-a-delic "?." The music rumbles your gut, the beats rattle your teeth, and the rhymes blow your mind. The verses on N Of Tha World are as cutting as they are poignant. The beats are as irresistible as they are thrilling. On "Long As I Live," Esham raps gently, "I'm not talking 'gansta' / I'm talking 'God'."

For more info check out www.acidrap.com
my most anticipated release of the year :thumb:

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
Four Bars said:
Can someone send me some previous material, hes new to me. :(
hope you like rapidshare

http://rapidshare.de/files/10555177/Esham_-_If_I_Can_t_Have_U.mp3.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/10555297/Natas_-_Pop_Pop.mp3.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/10555435/Esham_-_Boss_Up.mp3.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/10555087/Esham_-_The_Fear__Morty_s_Theme_.mp3.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/10555546/Esham_-_Momma_Was_a_Junkie.mp3.html

if you want recommendations for any esham or natas album to buy, i suggest go with Natas's Doubelievengod first, one of my top 5 rap albums ever.

" "Why You Gotta Lie" he rails, "You lyin'-ass politicians! / You lyin', bitch-ass President / All you mothafuckas lyin'!", we must admit: we feel the same way."

I hope this isn't just an album full of ignorant, uncreative ranting as it would seem by this.

I like the "we must admit: we feel the same way". Speak for yourself. Politicians lie, but it's necissary. This guy isn't changing any problems by pissing about it. How self defeating "All you mothafuckas lyin'". Esham, fellow rappers. No one's going to listen 2 you unless you sound like you actually have a clue what your talking about.

Oh how popular it has become to rant about politics.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
MakaveliPrime01 said:
" "Why You Gotta Lie" he rails, "You lyin'-ass politicians! / You lyin', bitch-ass President / All you mothafuckas lyin'!", we must admit: we feel the same way."

I hope this isn't just an album full of ignorant, uncreative ranting as it would seem by this.

I like the "we must admit: we feel the same way". Speak for yourself. Politicians lie, but it's necissary. This guy isn't changing any problems by pissing about it. How self defeating "All you mothafuckas lyin'". Esham, fellow rappers. No one's going to listen 2 you unless you sound like you actually have a clue what your talking about.

listen to the songs i posted if you want to know what Esham and Natas's music usually sounds like

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
If anyone's interested - To record N Of Tha World, Esham used Pro Tools, a Roland sampler, an Akai MPC-4000 drum machine, a Yamaha Motif 8 synthesizer, a Moog analog synth, a Rhodes guitar, BBE Sound signal processors, plus real drums and real bass.

For all you aspiring producers.

Chronic

MakaveliPrime01 said:

And on the flipside you seem ignorant for ranting on about an album based on 3 lines that sound more like ad-libs than actual rhymes.

Pittsey said:
If anyone's interested - To record N Of Tha World, Esham used Pro Tools, a Roland sampler, an Akai MPC-4000 drum machine, a Yamaha Motif 8 synthesizer, a Moog analog synth, a Rhodes guitar, BBE Sound signal processors, plus real drums and real bass.

For all you aspiring producers.

How do u know all this info????????

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.