Nas Writes Novels, Developing Book Based On "Sekou Story"

Nas Writes Novels, Developing Book Based On "Sekou's Story"
By Clover Hope
Date: 3/1/2005 4:20 pm

After years of showing off his rhyme skills, Nas has decided to pen his own novels. The hip-hop scribe said he's particularly developing a book based on a character from his song "Sekou's Story" off his latest double album, Street's Disciple.

"It's about this guy named Sekou who's caught up in the drug game," said Nas. "It's the same story but it talks about him as a person and how he is. That's what makes the book."

The Queensbridge MC said he elected to focus more on Sekou's upbringing and principles, however, instead of the drug dealing.

"It's not so much about drugs but him and what's going on in his head," said Nas. "[It's him] dealing with where he comes from, his ethnic background, where he's trying to go, and how he gets double crossed."

In related Nas news, the rapper has confirmed dates in England for his upcoming "Street's Disciple" UK Tour in March. Tour dates are as follows:

3/15 BIRMINGHAM, UK @ Academy
3/16 BRISTOL, UK @ Academy
3/18 GLASGOW, UK @ Academy
3/19 MANCHESTER, UK @ Apollo
3/21 BRIXTON, LONDON @ Academy
3/24 DUBLIN, IRELAND @ The Point

CalcuoCuchicheo

Little Miss Vixen
^
Because I have seen little indication that Nas is more than a rapper who can paint - in rapping terms - vivid stories &, due to the regard in which he holds himself, he probably doesn't realize he'll be out of his depth.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
^
Because I have seen little indication that Nas is more than a rapper who can paint - in rapping terms - vivid stories &, due to the regard in which he holds himself, he probably doesn't realize he'll be out of his depth.
Maybe, maybe not. Nas' storytelling ability is undeniable but I agree it's open to debate as to whether he'll be able to adapt his talents to the literary scene. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah i agree with Aban, its not hard to write a book. But 9 times out of ten the book will be complete and utter shit. No doubt nas has amazing skills, taking the listener on a journey... But im not sure if his skills can be transferred from song writing, to book writing. Im not saying he cant pull it off, but if he does pull it off, my respect for NAS will somewhat sky rocket. Not that it isnt high already...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.