Nas to work with Scott Storch on Def Jam album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Hit melody maker Scott Storch recently revealed that he and Nas will work together on the emcee’s upcoming Def Jam debut. Storch, who has produced radio smashes like Fat Joe’s "Lean Back," said he and Nas have been friends for years but because of conflicting schedules haven’t work in depth together until now. "We had never got it together for a straight up Nas album. So this is the first," said Storch. "And now that he's aligned forces with Jay-Z, it's an even cooler situation."

Storch was instrumental in crafting The Roots’ 1999 Grammy winner "You Got Me," has played the keys for Dr. Dre consistently, and produced tracks for Eve, Gwen Stefani, Xzibit, and Justin Timberlake among others.

In January, almost four months after he and Jay-Z squashed their lyrical beef, Nas signed a deal with Def Jam. The contract reportedly has Def Jam and Sony splitting profits or losses for Nas’ first two of four scheduled albums. Def Jam will handle A&R, promotion and distribution work, and both labels will market the releases. Sony, which still owns the masters of Nas’ lengthy catalogue, has the right to drop a greatest hits project.

Nas must provide two new songs if Sony decides to make it and the label has rights to three tracks from Nas’ forthcoming Def Jam albums. Nas reportedly raked in an advance of over $3 million, the recording budget for each album.

thanks for the info,

now with the hella tight beat lets see if he can make a "move" like if i ruled the world, into the mainstream

xxx

^ have to agree. I dont wanna hear pop stuff from Nas. I want some more "made u look", "got urself a gun", "one mic" style songs.

I like the deal that they made for Nas Greatest Hits though. Sounds like a success.

SMack

Are they really gonna work together? Or is Nas gonna tell him to sit in the corner and learn how to do it properly??!

ARon

SMack said:
Are they really gonna work together? Or is Nas gonna tell him to sit in the corner and learn how to do it properly??!
Haha, "This is my friend Premo, watch him do something then have a stab at it."

Nah it could be good. Scott Storch has been on more shit than most of you think, he will bring a good sounding beat, tnohing special but it sounds good. Whats gonna make the song is Nas of course, so I have no worries.

don't get me wrong, i've got respect for nas and storch, respectivley, but as good as storch is, i think he is so overrated. but i can't criticise until the track's been heard tho, so lookin 4ward to it

SonOf2pac

boooooo... i like the idea of just nas and premo doin the beats for his album and maybe even 9th wonder (anyone ever heard his ether remix?? his beats work perfect w/ nas' voice)... and he needs to do a collab with jay and he needs a track aimed at fifty featuring jadakiss and game and thats it for guest appearances... maybe add quan in there... that's my VA boy right there :thumb:

perfect album right there ^

ps. i also heard rumors that his next album is called "nigga"... just rumors tho... according to wikipedia his next single is called "both eyez open" ft. jadakiss... but who knows how reliable that site is?

that about it.

Nas is going abck to the mainstream hahaha...but hey if he (the supa producer) was able to help create a classic track like "You Got Me" by the Roots, there is hope'

prasad said:
I dont know if u guys knew this but scott storch ghost produced most of the dre 2001 album. So in my eyes storch is awesome

Every fan of hip-hop knows this.....did you DRE doesnt even write his own shit:laugh: :rolleyes:

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I can't wait. I'd rather hear a mediocre Nas verse on a dope beat than a dope Nas verse on wack ass beats on Street's Disciple.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
prasad said:
I dont know if u guys knew this but scott storch ghost produced most of the dre 2001 album. So in my eyes storch is awesome

That's what everyone says. But that info is wrong.

Storch played the instruments for Dre. That's why he gets credit. If anyone "Ghost produced" it was another person. But Dre is still the conductor.

xxx said:
^ have to agree. I dont wanna hear pop stuff from Nas. I want some more "made u look", "got urself a gun", "one mic" style songs.

I like the deal that they made for Nas Greatest Hits though. Sounds like a success.

yo tru dat nigga those were the ill shits now lately he be doin some pussy ass songs. i need a rap like either or somethin. nas use to be the illest rapper thier was but damn i want him to be down wit that pop garbige.

TCD

Scott Storch does not ghost produce for Dre. He is always credited for the keys he does for Dre's songs.

As for Storch I find him highly inconsistant, his stuff tends to sound gimmicky and cheap. I also do not know how he gets so much work, how many hits did he have last year?

For me this could either way, Storch could come up with some "Lil Bit" type crap or something hot like "Lean Back".

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
TCD said:
Scott Storch does not ghost produce for Dre. He is always credited for the keys he does for Dre's songs.

As for Storch I find him highly inconsistant, his stuff tends to sound gimmicky and cheap. I also do not know how he gets so much work, how many hits did he have last year?

For me this could either way, Storch could come up with some "Lil Bit" type crap or something hot like "Lean Back".

He had 13 No.1's last year I think. So he had a good year. I don't think he'll be anywhere near that this year.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.