Nas to release Greatest Hits album; featuring new material

Caesar

Staff member
Nas is currently gearing up for the release of his Greatest Hits album which will be issued via his former label, Columbia Records.

The compilation will include twelve songs from the Queens rapper's eight solo albums, as well as two new songs; one of which being "Less Than An Hour," Nas' collaboration with Gnarls Barkley's Cee-Lo Green.

"Less Than An Hour" also appears in Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan's third installment of the Rush Hour series.

"Nobody brings it like Brett Ratner," Nas said via a statement. "He's the street smart director and he knows his audience."

But Nas' appreciation for the Rush Hour series doesn't stop at Ratner's abilities as a director.

"I'm just happy Chris Tucker is back," Nas said. "It's not every year that we get to see him on the screen. Chris and Jackie Chan together again is what we've all needed! It's an honor for me to play my part musically in the film."

Nas' Greatest Hits album will hit shelves in November.

Source: SOHH.COM

FroDawgg

man, 12 is not enough...that's just more than 1 per album. if we're only going by singles, then he should be getting a double album. i mean seriously:

ILLMATIC--3-4 at least
IT WAS WRITTEN--at least 2
I AM--2
NASTRADAMUS--needs to be represented, but neither of the singles were good
STILLMATIC--at least 2
GOD'S SON--at least 2
STREETS DISCIPLE--at least 2
HHID--2 or 3

and it said 8 albums, so they're overlooking THE LOST TAPES (boo!). nas' career is not going to be accurately represented here. i mean, it will have 2 new tracks, so that's good, and it would be nice to have "Shine on 'Em" and the single version of "Just a Moment" on there.

XIAN

It's really meant for the mainstream, people who are only getting started with hiphop, people who don't want to buy all the albums but just get a feel for it...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.