Nas to exceed Illmatic

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Rapper Nas is saying that his upcoming album, Hip Hop is Dead – his first project for new label Def Jam under the direction of former nemesis Jay-Z – may be his best album yet.

"It's probably the best record I ever did," Nas said. "I mean, when you work in the studio for a while, sometimes you think its great, but you don't know what it is until the people hear it. So I hope the people agree."

Due Nov. 7, the album is the fruit of a joint venture deal with Def Jam/Sony Music in January 2006, putting a long and bitter rivalry with Def Jam President/CEO Jay-Z to rest once and for all.

The partnership calls for Nas to produce four albums, with Hip-Hop is Dead being the first release on his own label, the Jones Experience.

"I mean, when you work in the studio for a while, sometimes you think its great, but you don't know what it is until the people hear it. So I hope the people agree."

if thats not a sign of nas subconciously telling us its not true, i dont know what is

nas feat b.i.g & jay z - the best * sounds pretty good i like the flow, ol school beat style with a modern twist - not bad if this is his first single....don't know

EIB

I thought streets disciple was wack, i swear he tried to turn into a party rapper on that wack as hell "You Know my Style" track :woah:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.