Nas talks up "Hip-Hop is Dead" and confirms track with The Game.

What's up with Nas' upcoming LP Hip-Hop Is Dead ... The N? Def Jam said the album has a tentative November release date. Nas' camp said he's still in the lab working and everyone is pleased with the quality so far.

And Nas said fans should get ready.

"It's totally a blessing, man," he said late last week in New York. "We're gonna stomp them, man. I think a few people gonna ride with me. Everywhere I go, they're talking about [the album]. It's gonna be crazy. It's another level straight up."

Nas, who was out on the town celebrating his wife Kelis' birthday last week, also confirmed that he and the Game have been recording together and are sitting on fire.

"We got a crazy joint," he said. "I was thinking about just putting that out as a single. That's how crazy it is." ...

Source: MTV News.

November? Well knowing Def Jam that means April.

linx

Staff member
All I know is he better have good production and good guest spots. I know Kelis will probably be on the album and to me.. that's a fuck-up. Just because that's his wifey, she don't NEED to be on the album. I wanna hear some fucking DOPE nas tracks. An overall dope fucking album. If I had to pick guest spots, i'd go with Az, Hov, G Rap, Raekwon, Ghostface, Fat Joe and Jadakiss. Those are some dope New York rappers that would be so dope for a Nas album. Obviously that won't happen, but that's just who i'd like to see. I don't wanna see no whack shit like Kelis, Game (I don't mind Game being on the album if he drops a dope verse.. I do like Game), Pharrel, Quan and bullshit like that. Step your fucking game up and drop some ridiculous shit.

Nas is Nas. He brings it lyrically 99% of the time, and can make any beat shine. I think that the production will be awesome on this, and the guest spots will be much better. I'm looking forward to this one. Esco rarely disappoints.

Casey

Staff member
Yep the Game track is supposed to be crazy ill, i think Just Blaze laced it.

DJ Semtex, who I went to LA for the documentary with, met up with Game while we there and heard some tracks, he mentioned one with Nas and said it was heat. Apparently Will-I-Am laced a joint for Game using the Straight Outta Compton drum break as well.

PuffnScruff

Militant said:
Yep the Game track is supposed to be crazy ill, i think Just Blaze laced it.

DJ Semtex, who I went to LA for the documentary with, met up with Game while we there and heard some tracks, he mentioned one with Nas and said it was heat. Apparently Will-I-Am laced a joint for Game using the Straight Outta Compton drum break as well.
you mean the amen break?

Casey

Staff member
/\ Yep, exactly. I could have written that but 95% of people here wouldn't of understood what that was. So i just wrote it as the str8 outta compton drums so more people would understand what i meant.

Damn... I cant wait for this shit.. I'm really not worried about this one at all since i'm 90% sure it'll be one of the best albums of the year.. I hope Quan is on it though.. I dont mind him at all.. That song he did on Cassidys last album was probaly the best track on there.

linx

Staff member
PuffnScruff said:
really? you dont want to see quan? they made a dope track on his last album
I knew somebody would say that, lol. Yeah the Just A Moment track was very very dope, I was just making a point. I don't want him to have alot of medicore guest spots. If he had Quan on there alongside some better rappers, it would be fine.

PuffnScruff

its linx! said:
I knew somebody would say that, lol. Yeah the Just A Moment track was very very dope, I was just making a point. I don't want him to have alot of medicore guest spots. If he had Quan on there alongside some better rappers, it would be fine.
i see the light now, you make a great point and i agree with it too.

Mr.Deuce

Mr.Deuce Wigalow: Male E-Gigolo
a few years back there was a nas album in talks that was supposed to be prodeced half by dre and half by premo.that neva heppend.
well lets c whut itz gon be this time.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.