Nas "Street Dreams" & 2Pac "All Eyes On Me"

what is the story behind both tracks having the same beat. was the beef between the two created because of this?

had this in mind for awhile finally remembered to post.

a

I'm sure this had a little bit to do with the beef, but it's not what started it. I believe it stemmed from Nas's verse from The Message. "Dug 'em, you owe me cousin, somethin' told me plug him/So dumb, felt my leg burn, then it got numb/Spun around and shot one, heard shots and dropped son/Caught a hot one, somebody take this biscuit before the cops come/Then the came askin me my name, what the fuck/I got stitched up and went thru, left the hospital that same night" I believe this is what started it all

Devious187 said:
I'm sure this had a little bit to do with the beef, but it's not what started it. I believe it stemmed from Nas's verse from The Message. "Dug 'em, you owe me cousin, somethin' told me plug him/So dumb, felt my leg burn, then it got numb/Spun around and shot one, heard shots and dropped son/Caught a hot one, somebody take this biscuit before the cops come/Then the came askin me my name, what the fuck/I got stitched up and went thru, left the hospital that same night" I believe this is what started it all
There was that part, which made Pac feel like Nas was trying to tell a story about living like Pac (mentioned in Against All Odds, where he says, "This little nigga named Nas think he live like me/ Talking 'bout he left the hospital took five like me"), but more importantly, Pac was more pissed off at the first lines of the first verse where Nas said "Fake thug, no love, you gets the slug," and Pac thought Nas was talking about him, as he mentioned in The Last Interview where he said something like, "he be talking about 'fake thug' and dropping little jewels in his shit, you should've said that to me when I was right there," since Pac approached Nas at the House of Blues (obviously not the same day as the concert we all love) and talked to him for a bit.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
There was that part, which made Pac feel like Nas was trying to tell a story about living like Pac (mentioned in Against All Odds, where he says, "This little nigga named Nas think he live like me/ Talking 'bout he left the hospital took five like me"), but more importantly, Pac was more pissed off at the first lines of the first verse where Nas said "Fake thug, no love, you gets the slug," and Pac thought Nas was talking about him, as he mentioned in The Last Interview where he said something like, "he be talking about 'fake thug' and dropping little jewels in his shit, you should've said that to me when I was right there," since Pac approached Nas at the House of Blues (obviously not the same day as the concert we all love) and talked to him for a bit.
True, I forgot about that line

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
The beef between Pac and Nas was stupid. It all started from misunderstandings which we're taken too seriously.

FroDawgg

^^^very mature. and just cuz he sampled the same song doesn't mean that he's jacking beats. remember pac sampled the same song for hit em up as biggie did for get money remix. so pac's jacking beats too.

im sure it also had alot to do with songs like on da real bein on those bad boy mixtapes cuz puffy is hypin shit all throughout those tapes, plus the message, plus the intro to nas is coming with dre, plus the sample issue for aeom and street dreams, i think it was just pac bein a little 2 paranoid

For those of you Nas junkies, who remembers that one song (after Pac's death) where Nas goes, "Black Pirellis rolling over this Makaveli"? Do you guys take that as a diss to Pac? I do. It was a weak one, even though the words rhyme together pretty well.

FlipMo said:
The beef between Pac and Nas was stupid. It all started from misunderstandings which we're taken too seriously.
In 96 Nas was tryin 2 be bigger then he was. He attacked 2pac , he atacked biggie so dont try 2 make it into a misunderstanding. Nas knew what he was doing.

this is just one of the many things that i wonder how it would have played out had Pac survived, i agree with the above sayin Nas knew what he was doin but at the same time, it is a business and controversy sells

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
For those of you Nas junkies, who remembers that one song (after Pac's death) where Nas goes, "Black Pirellis rolling over this Makaveli"? Do you guys take that as a diss to Pac? I do. It was a weak one, even though the words rhyme together pretty well.
you do know that there is makavelli wheel rims out there??

ThUgPoUnD_RiDer said:
you do know that there is makavelli wheel rims out there??
Oh really? I didn't know that. But regardless, I still think he is talking about Pac. Nas is reasonably smart, tires (Pirellis) don't roll over rims... I think if Nas were talking about the rims, then he would've used different words other than "rolling over"

FroDawgg said:
^^^very mature. and just cuz he sampled the same song doesn't mean that he's jacking beats. remember pac sampled the same song for hit em up as biggie did for get money remix. so pac's jacking beats too.
Pac sampled the song to purposely get at Biggie. That was a "Purpose, I'll Humiliate You over your own beat and make it Hotter"

And I do thing Nas jacked Pac's beat on purpose. I feel like he could've switched up the sample a tad bit, whether last minute or not. And he had the nerve to make it a single.

And I thought that makavelli wheels rim thing was created like a few years ago. I even thought it was new. I never knew or thought it was around in 96 or 97.

sounds like just a giant misunderstanding. however, im on nas's side for this. the message was not about pac at all. obviously nas wasnt trying to tell people he got shot five times. the track is almost like a story. who knows maybe its suppoesed to be semi autbiographical.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.