Nas speaks on possible Callabo with The Game

2Pax

NAS ABOUT A POSSIBLE COLLABO WITH GAME // MARCH 23, 2005
"That’s definitely a project that I would be open to do. Whenever time permits, we’re gonna put something together and shock the world. What he's rhyming about is relevant to both the East Coast and West Coast. And to use a name like "The Game" was very smart, as he is actually talking about what is happening in hip hop and putting it in perspective. You can see where Game draws envy from his own people." Click here to listen to a Nas interview with BBC.

In other news: Game is using his new popularity to generate even more income. Following in the footsteps of Eminem and 50 Cent, Game have shifted some of his concentration into the movie world. According to MTV, Game will make his big screen debut in a movie titled "The Millionaire Boys Club," which is expected to be out this summer.

The film is loosely based on the Compton, California native's life and was written and directed by Cess Silvera of the indie film "Shottas," which featured Wyclef Jean and Tyson Beckford. Acting alongside the new West Coast superstar, Bryce Wilson of "Beauty Shop" and Michael K. Williams of "The Wire" also have lead roles.

As for the beef that was brewing with him and 50 Cent seems like it is behind him (see "50 Cent And Game Make Peace, Holding Press Conference To Announce New Plans"), but it doesn't seem that the two will work together anytime soon. "[It was] not really a remarriage but a kind of a parting ways and settling our differences," Game explained to MTV. "I'm still going my way. It's still Aftermath. I'm working on blowing my imprint [Black Wall Street] up, and I've got the help of [Interscope boss] Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre with that."

Taken fron www.aftermathmusic.com

_carmi

me, myself & us
lol fuck 50. go game! thats good for game. nas 'n game on a track should be tight. + game in a movie. 50 must be sooo jealous. i would if i was him.

S. Fourteen

This internal beef shit... it's great because- instead of giving away the attention to another label (ie Murder Inc.), it actually keeps the attention within Aftermath...

Nas speaks of some interesting shit there, very opposite of what some listeners are saying about Game- "What he's rhyming about is relevant" "to use a name like "The Game" was very smart" , I always hear people say 'he raps about the same old shit and he mentions shoes in every song' or 'what a gay name'.
"he is actually talking about what is happening in hip hop and putting it in perspective." - I think Nas is on point right there. People have a problem with his name dropping but he uses that in a way where you hear it and you get what he means right away.

I like to see a Game/Nas callabo, I've actually heard a couple mixtape songs by Game that would sound great with a Nas verse or two.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.