Nas ready to drop an album

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
While still enjoying the success of his last album, Hip Hop Is Dead, rap superstar Nas says he is ready to drop his next album. According to him, he plans to get the ball rolling as early as the summer time.

"I'm looking forward to having a summer or fall release," Nas tells MTV News. "But summer, that's the time of the year I wanna crack it open. I'm having such a good time. Like I said years ago, it's about having fun now. I'm having such a good time, and with the music, I've gotten ahead of myself. I'm just trying to share that with the people now. Because the way I've been feeling after I did [Hip Hop Is Dead], I wanted it to flow a lot freer. I had to get some shit off my chest about hip-hop being dead. I know I was gonna be over niggas' heads with the title, so I didn't want to just leave niggas and they couldn't catch up. Now I don't care if they don't catch up. I don't care. I'm all the way gone. When I do this next shit, I'm outta here. I'm not holding back on this one.

"I did what I had to do, I'm free with it. I've got the fame, I've had the paper for over a decade. I got the love. A nigga is just flying free and having a bunch of fun. I'm getting my greedy on this year and having a ball. I'm getting my greedy on in a good way, though. I'm having fun. I'm like, 'Could it get any better?' In life, you got ups and downs. I'm enjoying the ups."

The new album is yet to be titled.

"Hip Hop is dead" wasn't a classic but it wasn't shitty either. Some of the beats weren't the greatest but NaS still had some dope production. I'm glad NaS is getting ready to drop more music so soon. I have a feeling though that his next album might be a little more pop if he and Kelis do the MTV thing.

I cant wait for his next album. I thought Hip Hop is Dead was great. It had good flow from begining to end, Nas came strong on the whole thing. The beats got a little weak near the end, I thought, but still the best album of 2006.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.