Nas: "I Think Kanye West Saved Rap"

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Nas is the rapper who said "Hip Hop Is Dead" a couple years back, but according to him, someone has saved it.

In a recent interview with Complex, the Queensbridge rapper said he thinks Kanye West has saved the genre.

"I think Kanye West saved rap. I think Lil Wayne is showing there is a future for all kinds of artists to continue doing this. You know, I love it," Nas said.

So if the genre is no longer dead, who still gets Nas excited when he hears them? Kanye, Outkast, and Eminem.

He later touched on the issue with his the controversial title he chose for his upcoming album -- which was later changed from Nigger to Untitled -- and said if had had it to do over, he wouldn't.

"I think the Hip Hop Is Dead and the Nigger album, they were for that time. People may think it's a controversial title, but it's really what I'm feeling," he told the mag. "I'm not going to make the title less controversial because it's going to offend people."

The interview took place during a Kanye-esque photo-shoot for the magazine, and while it's not usually Nas' style, he had fun with it.

"That's not how I dress, but for a magazine spread, it's out there to be fun," explained Nas. "I always do what I do, so I just wanted to change it up a little bit. Get people talking shit, so it's cool."

Nas' upcoming Untitled album hits stores July 15.

Source: BallerStatus.com

R

rapdiedin96

nas trippin thats why hes last couple cds suck ass

and i got his new album too
really weak

nas fell off he tryna put others on
man rap is tainted nowadayz
good thing we still got them ice cube n nwa n 2pac shit or we wudnt be bumpin nothin

W

westcoasta

damn thiz nigga? fucc wayne.. kanye iz alrite.. and wen the fucc did soulja boy enter this blog?

S. Fourteen

hey busters

this isn't about lists of your favorite rappers and how good they are. fuck that

This is about hoping NAS would just shut the fuck up. NO single rapper is going to save or kill hip hop. Hip Hop dies through collective thinking headed by douche bags such as Nas.

Thank you very much for participating.

M

michael couture

half true

I agree that since kanye has come out noone is better, but that's it, what happened to rappers speaking the problems of our society, and having musical talent, I don't expect there to be another voice like 2pac, that's impossible, but now all I hear is about getting that money, and getting cars and jewelery, we're walking billboards for major companies that pimp us out of individuality, 2pac died with less than $100,000, and he was the epidimy of rap, we sold hip-hop and bought an image with the cash.

P

pretty shizzy

Agreed

Nas is 100% correct Kanye did save hip hop he's a genious as well is Nas And Jigga.But lil wayne naw the nigga needs a ghost writter Thats NOT HIP HOP!!! Nas keep doin' the damn thing the album is FIRE!!!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.