Nas - Hip Hop is Dead Cover

Doesn't it just remind you a little too much of Too $hort's "Life is..." cover from 88? Although it's slightly different and updated it's hardly fresh in my eyes...

who gives a fuck what the cover is like. the cover could be plain black with nas in white for all i care. the music NEEDS to deliver. Im buying this for the Content on the CD not some gay cover.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Rizla said:
who gives a fuck what the cover is like. the cover could be plain black with nas in white for all i care. the music NEEDS to deliver. Im buying this for the Content on the CD not some gay cover.

.. And unfortunatly I doubt it will.

Nas' career follows patterns...

Illmatic = Stillmatic
It Was Written = God's Son
I Am... = Street's Disciple
Nastradamus = HipHop Is Dead

With that pattern of quality, HipHop Is Dead will be bloated and awful, but then the next album (probably after he gets dropped from Def Jam and once again beefs with Jay Z and gets fired up) will be a dope return to form like Stillmatic was.

Rukas said:
.. And unfortunatly I doubt it will.

Nas' career follows patterns...

Illmatic = Stillmatic
It Was Written = God's Son
I Am... = Street's Disciple
Nastradamus = HipHop Is Dead

With that pattern of quality, HipHop Is Dead will be bloated and awful, but then the next album (probably after he gets dropped from Def Jam and once again beefs with Jay Z and gets fired up) will be a dope return to form like Stillmatic was.
I like your logic. BUT it just means

Jay-z album wack
Nas album wack
snoop album wack
2pac album wack.

All those big artist didnt deliver.

Clipse album is weak, so is many from 2006.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Rizla said:
I like your logic. BUT it just means

Jay-z album wack
Nas album wack
snoop album wack
2pac album wack.

All those big artist didnt deliver.

Clipse album is weak, so is many from 2006.
I liked Snoop's and have high hopes for the Clipse, the others I totally agree with.

cookies said:
thats exactly what i was thinkin. lol his pic looks like it was taken on some beach then u got the photoshoped black sky and the feel of death.
I think if they darkened the colors it would look alot better and gloomier.

7 Syns

After hearing Hip-Hop Is Dead, Shine On 'Em which I'm sure won't be on the actual album, QB Tru G's, Where Are They Now, Where Y'all At which again won't make the album.., I Already Know, Black Republicans etc.

I already know I'm gonna like this album regardless, bring it.

peace.

ArtsyGirl

I like it fits in with the concept of the album, it does look like what it is they coulda done better but still a nice cover.

Kareem

I like the cover also, and i have a few tracks off the album, very solid joint by Nas, Nas bringing knowledge to the game with this album, exactly whats needed right now, Listen closely to "Hip Hop Is Dead" word for word Nas speaking the truth. To those taking offense to what Nas is say'n (mainly down south cats) the truth hurts, if ya scared go to church!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.