Nas Explains Decision To Change Album Title

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Nas released a statement Monday regarding the decision to remove "N*gger" as the title of his upcoming album from Def Jam.

"It's important to me that this album gets to the fans," said the Queens rapper. "It's been a long time coming. I want my fans to know that creatively and lyrically, they can expect the same content and the same messages. It's that important. The streets have been waiting for this for a long time. The people will always know what the real title of this album is and what to call it."

In an interview with MTV News last week, Nas said he was being pressured to change the controversial title in advance of the CD's scheduled release on July 1.

"Everybody is trying to stop the title," he told MTV. "Record stores are gonna have a problem in this day and time selling a record with that title. Who knows what's gonna turn out and be on that title? Who knows what that title will be?"

There were reports that the name of the album was changed to "Nas," but according to Billboard, the project remains untitled for the time being.

Source: EURweb.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.