Nas DID NOT pay $2 million for a beat

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Hmm, that blows, but I remember when Amaru denied that Obie would be on the horrible Pac album, even after hearing Obie say he would be on it, on Tv.

Would it be possible that Columbia wouldn't let out the truth about it? (if it was true that is)

^ ye
i dont believe anybodys word from the industry because they will have us believe what they want us to believe.
if its false then its false. but if anyone asks i'll say that i dont know

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
We have an insider at Columbia that confirms or denys things for us both on and off the record and unless no one in the Columbia offices knows about this then its not true.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Rukas said:
We have an insider at Columbia that confirms or denys things for us both on and off the record and unless no one in the Columbia offices knows about this then its not true.
Streethop has insiders? Are you guys tapping our lines also by any chance? :eek:

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
FlipMo said:
Streethop has insiders? Are you guys tapping our lines also by any chance? :eek:

DJ Tek, a team member on various business things for StreetHop, is signed to Columbia, and is Nas' official DJ as well as Akon's on various tours, as well as being an official Youngline Records DJ.

And the only phone I have tapped is yours.

I'm sorry, but its been confirmed. Nas has spent 2 million on a Neptunes beat. The groundbreaking beat is supposed to change hip hop forever according to Busta Rhymes.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Hituup said:
I'm sorry, but its been confirmed. Nas has spent 2 million on a Neptunes beat. The groundbreaking beat is supposed to change hip hop forever according to Busta Rhymes.

It has been far from confirmed. It is obvioulsy fake.

Pittsey said:
It has been far from confirmed. It is obvioulsy fake.
I live in the heart of hip hop. Radio stations have confirmed Nas dropping 2 million for a neptunes beat and even went into how P.Diddy and others were bidding on it.

FroDawgg

guess we'll have to wait til the album drops...if there is an incredible neptunes beat on it, it might be true; if not, it's false. i'm not keeping my hopes up though--neptunes have only made like 5-10 (out of the hundreds they've done) dope beats EVER

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Hituup said:
I live in the heart of hip hop. Radio stations have confirmed Nas dropping 2 million for a neptunes beat and even went into how P.Diddy and others were bidding on it.

Then you need to tell your radio station workers to stop believing internet hype and do their damn job.

You cant take the quote of Busta Rhymes as proof when it's part of the article in question, its not independent at all, and actually is made up.

FroDawgg said:
guess we'll have to wait til the album drops...if there is an incredible neptunes beat on it, it might be true; if not, it's false. i'm not keeping my hopes up though--neptunes have only made like 5-10 (out of the hundreds they've done) dope beats EVER

There may very well be a Neptunes beat on the CD, but it wont be the $2 million beat. The thing is, Nas hasnt even begun work on a new album! He was busy touring when this news first broke. Maybe he's done a song or three now, but when all this shit hit the fan, Nas hadn't even begun on a new album. I'll take the word of his DJ over the word of some fan sites any day.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Hituup said:

LOL

Sorry, that is too funny.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.