Nas contributes to Blood Diamond soundtrack

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
n the midst of a radio interview with NY radio jock Funkmaster Flex of Hot 97, rapper Nas announced that he is featured on the soundtrack to the forthcoming Leonardo DiCaprio/Djimon Hounsou film Blood Diamond.

The Queens rapper had stopped by the station Wednesday to promote his upcoming album Hip Hop Is Dead, due Dec. 19 from Def Jam, but took a moment to acknowledge the upcoming film set against the African diamond trade.

"There's a movie coming out y'all called 'Blood Diamond'... I did some music on there, got involved," Nas told Flex. "I'm not in it but felt like I'd shout them out. They treated me real nice. [It's] about the diamond industry. I think it's going to shake up some stuff out there with the whole way it's happening with them coming from over there on the continent, the way it's brought over there. I think it's gonna help out some stuff."

Flex pointed to the wrapper’s own diamonds and asked about his penchant for acquiring neck, wrist and ear bling. Nas responded: "I like these shiny things, man. And sometimes I wear them and I think about it like, 'Yo, man. These belong to me. I'm buying it back.' I'm trying to get involved."

Another brillant moment by Nas:rolleyes: ...his justification of wearing the diamonds to "buy them back" does not stop the injustice that is happening to the poor people who have to get them. It takes more then a "song" a dropping 500,000+ on diamonds to buy back what those souls in Africa are losing.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.