Nas Can't Release His Album Titled "Nigger" So...

Preach

one thing, call me picky... maybe this is just me, or maybe this is a tendency, but his left arm tattoo makes him look like less of a punished black man (oh political correctness lol) and more like an egyptian pharaoh. he should have used someone else's back shot.

Casey

Staff member
what are those? worms on his back?
Are you serious?

They are whip scars. Back in the slavery days, the slaves would get whipped, leaving marks like that. The word 'Nigger' in itself comes from the days of slavery, in case you didn't know. It was the word used to degrade the slaves, for example, white owned businesses would have signs saying "No niggers allowed", etc, etc, etc - this kind of discrimination lasted wayyyy past the days of slavery, even until the mid-1900's.

By having those whip marks on his back, the cover is basically a visual representation of the word 'Nigger', which is what Nas has done since he can't call the album that.

THEV1LL4N

Are you serious?

They are whip scars. Back in the slavery days, the slaves would get whipped, leaving marks like that. The word 'Nigger' in itself comes from the days of slavery, in case you didn't know. It was the word used to degrade the slaves, for example, white owned businesses would have signs saying "No niggers allowed", etc, etc, etc - this kind of discrimination lasted wayyyy past the days of slavery, even until the mid-1900's.

By having those whip marks on his back, the cover is basically a visual representation of the word 'Nigger', which is what Nas has done since he can't call the album that.
thank you. i never understood beforehand. had no idea.

maybe i never looked close enough, and yes casey rain, i think i needed to know before i made even more of a fool out of myself, which i cannot deny that i already did.

Casey

Staff member
thank you. i never understood beforehand. had no idea.

maybe i never looked close enough, and yes casey rain, i think i needed to know before i made even more of a fool out of myself, which i cannot deny that i already did.
I can never tell when you're being sarcastic or not.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.