Nas Calls Jesse Jackson A "Hater" For Dissing Obama

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Black civil rights activist, Jesse Jackson, recently made some disparaging comments about Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, which many people didn't like very much. Nas was one of them.

Earlier this week, Jackson said, on Fox News, "See, Barack's been, um, talking down to black people on this faith-based ... I want to cut his n***s off."

Although Jackson has since apologized for his remarks, Nas isn't feeling him, and responded during a conference call Thursday (July 10). He says Jackson is finished.

"I think Jesse Jackson, he's the biggest player hater," an angered Nas said. "His time is up. All you old n****s, time is up. We heard your voice, we saw your marching, we heard your sermons. We don't wanna hear that sh** no more. It's a new day. It's a new voice. I'm here now. We don't need Jesse; I'm here. I got this. We got Barack, we got David Banners and Young Jeezys. We're the voice now. It's no more Jesse. Sorry. Goodbye. You ain't helping nobody in the hood. That's the bottom line. Goodbye, Jesse. Bye!"

The rapper also talked about how he originally wanted to go at Jackson, as well as others, on a song on his upcoming Untitled album.

"It was like, 'How bad should I bash Jesse Jackson?'" he said. "How bad should I go after the corny motherf***ers out here? How do I just stay on my game and kinda ignore some of the sh** and get my opinion off? It was a lot of ideas of how this could have went -- real street, real disrespectful, real vulgar. I just wanted to get my sh** off."

Although his Nas' new album isn't slated for release until next week, it's already on the internet. Despite the leak, Nas showed up on a YouTube video calling the bootlegging of his project "exciting."

The rapper admits that he's glad it's finally out there, and people shouldn't be concerned with albums being leaked because it's "inevitable."

"I think people get too caught up in the leak," he said. "The leak is inevitable. Everybody leaks. Everybody knows that. You gonna get leaked. It wasn't that I was just excited about the leak; I was excited about the record finally being out of my hands. It's finally out of my clutches. It's finally out in the world. You gotta embrace that. That's just people hearing music."

Source: BallerStatus.com

M

michael couture

I agree 100%

barack obama is what's real now, forget about all the old problems. we need to rise to power as young intelligent people, we have all the burden of our countries mistakes, and none of the power, i'm glad nas sees the power we need to further our future, sometimes I just want to go crazy on all these people who had their chance cast us down.

G

Got Luv 4 Hip Hop

Nas, Nas, Nas

I don't care how mad he is...man you can never compare young jeezy to jesse...what the hell is wrong w/dude..yeah jesse was foul fa' dat but GAAAAAAAAAAAUGHT DAAAAAAAAAAAMN He did more fa' black people than young jeezy & nas...what da' hell did they do...get a couple dollars dem' n****s ain't marched fa' sh***...nas gotta' recognize he still gotta' show respect cuz if jesse never marched his punk a** wouldn't be speaking so freely & barack would never be in the position that he's in...

NOW DATS REAL
Nas better shut da' hell up b4 he make us all look more stupid then jesse did adding to the ignorance blasted infront of the caucasian families...looling like idiots!!!!

M

michael couture

true, but!!

I do agree with you that jesse jackson has done a whole lot for civil rights, I'm white but do not share the average opinion on race, I really try to be educated. my problem with the comment was just that barack obama is the future, and racist white people love to see a division of black leaders. we all have to support Obama because he can change our future. You are right about jeezy though, just because you have fans it doesn't make you a leader. the only rapper that could've changed america was 2pac!!!!!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.