NaS & AZ CD (think it will happen) both said they want to

2004 Interview from Allhiphop.com

Full Interview: click here http://www.allhiphop.com/features/?ID=876

AllHipHop.com: AZ was talking to us recently. Are you gonna do an album with him?

Nas: Yeah I want to. I know he brought that up to me and I put him on my CD and me and him did a joint on there that’s kinda fiery. But we’re just trying to find the sound of it and then we’ll go. I know it’s something that we talked about doing before. But I been hearing about it lately but I think dude is on fire man

linx

Staff member
I've been waiting for this for years. They have been 2 of my favorite rappers since I can remember. They are a sick duo and they have made a bunch of GREAT songs together, so this would hopefully be a fucking DOPE album. Hopefully their chemistry will still be there like it was on songs such as "How Ya Livin" and "The Essence". If they can pull this off with dope production and not have stupid guest spots, it's a wrap. :thumb:

But yeah, you say this interview is from 2004 and it's not 8 months into 2005 so I won't get my hopes up. If this shit IS true though, hopefully they can atleast start around January or Feburary.

yea probably if it does go down wont start till like jan/feb both them got realeses there still working on so hopefully patientice and will get it

ArtsyGirl

That would be sick those two are one of the best duo's in Hip Hop. I know we had The Firm but this is completely different, hope it happens.

It won't happen. NaS has got too much to lose, why would someone who can make lots of money releasing one album want to go and split the profits of another album that will sell less? Dude aint stupid. AZ didn't even guest on SD.

FroDawgg

^^^nas doesn't need the money (he wouldn't be doing it for that), they are tight, and this might finally get AZ the recognition he deserves

7 Syns

I don't think it will be made, there's a couple of factors which in my view just block any joint album being made by the two. If it did go down it'd either be amazing or a disappointment. I wouldn't want the production to be on the same plane as Street's Disciple, God's Son or Stillmatic either. I'd want new sounds, even if that means no more additions from long time collaborating producer's L.E.S. or Salaam.

Some reinventions from Pete Rock, Large Professor and some 9th Wonder. Madlib would even serve them well. I'd just want something that'd cover both emcee's nicely and something new.

peace.

mc_millionaire said:
It won't happen. NaS has got too much to lose, why would someone who can make lots of money releasing one album want to go and split the profits of another album that will sell less? Dude aint stupid. AZ didn't even guest on SD.
S.D didn't sell good at all

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.