Nas Announces The Lost Tapes Vol. 2

Eight years after Nas dropped his classic collection of unreleased music, he announced via his Twitter account today that he’s working on a sequel. Nasty!

Shortly after Nas announced the release of his Lost Tapes Vol. 2, he responded to the 1515 Boys and revealed that the compilation will be released on December 14th.

“I’m unloading records I want the streets to hear,” the Queens rapper said in an e-mail. “Cleaning out my hard drives. Gonna do this, then start fresh. I’m dropping my solo LP before the summer of 2011. I love the energy the world has been giving me over the last two years. But now it’s time to focus on owning the streets again.”

Gonna be hype...Nas is one of the greatest, and if he comes out with the raw, nasty Nas style like he did for the Last Real Pt.2 then his solo LP could be a classic....as for Lost Tapes 2, only expecting some raw ill tracks.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't bumped Lost Tapes since like '03. I downloaded it back up (again :D ) 'cause I was excited about Lost Tapes 2.

Little Skittle

I just listened to the Lost Tapes yesterday for the first time in like 3-4 years and forgot how much I loved it. It may be my third favorite Nasalbum. Good to see this coming out soon!

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^Was gonna say the same. Sly Fox is a song with a good message but it has no replay value so I don't play it. Simple as that. That goes for most of the album too.

Nope. Had no replay value for me. I used to love Nas. But everything after Gods Son I haven't really enjoyed.

SD had some nice tracks for sure, I just don't think Nas could pull off a double album like he tried to. It was still enjoyable though. HHID also had some nice tracks, but the album as a whole was a little shakey. I listened to "Untitled" like twice total. So while I liked SD and HHID for what they were, I agree that God's Son was his last really solid album.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.