Nas and Rakim set to collaborate

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Rakim and Nas solidified plans to record a project together during a joint interview on MTV News.

"Me and Nas, we been talking about this for a long time,” Rakim said. “Our people around us been talking about it and the whole world [has been talking about it], but it's about time, man. We gotta do a joint together, man. We gotta do a joint."

"We got to," Nas replied.

Rakim continued: "I'm working on my shit now, I know you working on yours, I got some things in my mind. If it's both [albums we collaborate on], that's even better. Let's think about that in the next few weeks."

Both artists exchanged numbers while cameras were rolling.

"MTV, you got it first," Rakim said enthusiastically. "Hopefully we'll find the right chemistry and right track — because you know [Nas] as well as me, we not going to do it if it don't make sense. [It's gotta be] on and poppin'. I just wanted to get that out of the way, because it's [been] a long time coming."

Meanwhile, both rappers are working on their next solo albums. Rakim’s forthcoming disc, The Seventh Seal, should be finished within the next two months, while Nas is keeping quiet about his upcoming album, and first for Def Jam.

SonOf2pac

i heard rumors that nas's album is called "Nigga" or "Nigger"... just plain as that... lol? on wikipedia it shows his next single is called "Both Eyez Open" and it features Jadakiss... just some more shit to add on to this :)

DontGo2Sleep said:
I thought Street's Disciple was amazing.

With that said, whatever those two do is going to be a landmark in hip-hop history.
totally agree with you, streets disciple was amazing, cant wait for this collaberation

Shot 21

Nas and Rakim already have collaborated. On the song Streets Of New York. its an Alicia Keys song on her album Diary Of Alicia Keys. But this will still be sicc.

FroDawgg

^^^i don't have the album, but i heard that song wasn't released. it's not listed on amazon. is it available on an international version?

Shot 21

FroDawgg said:
^^^i don't have the album, but i heard that song wasn't released. it's not listed on amazon. is it available on an international version?
It was a bonus track on the album which was released in the UK. Good song. Samples New York State Of Mind Part 2 by Nas.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.