Nas and Cormega's Beef

Heres a good break down on the cormega and nas beef...

Where did this all start and why? A lot of kats don't really know the whole story to this Nas vs Cormega beef or how it even elevated to this level. Back in 1995 The Firm was a highly anticipated crew put together by Nas including Az, Foxy Brown and Cormega. You can check out the Nas album entitled It was written and check affirmative action and see the original Firm take charge. Cormega starts spittin' on this cut and ends it with these lyrics "Mega the pretty boy with mafia connections it's the firm nigga". Later that year Foxy brown came out with a maxi single for her track with Jay-z entitled "I'll be" off her "Ill Na Na" album. On her maxi single you can check the cut called "La firmilia", and Cormega is nowhere to be found. Cormega who at the time was in prison on cocaine charges had been replaced by Nature.

In October of 1997 The Firm released its self-entitled album on Uni/Interscope Records and Nature had stolen Cormega's spot. Cormega had already been released from jail and had put together his first album on Def Jam Records due to of been released September 8th 1998. The album entitled "The Testament" had been pushed back time after time making it almost impossible for Cormega's album to ever be released. Cormega released a song entitled "Fuck Nas & Nature” on his own and lyrically dissected Nas and Nature. Cormega continued putting songs on his own out, eventually some of the songs intended to appear on "The Testament" album leaked out over the Internet. Such songs as Dead Man walking, Mega was a rolling stone, Guns n Roses, Testament, Angel dust, and other classic material.

In October of 1998, Def Jam Records released an album entitled "Survival of the Illest", this album featured three songs by Cormega, "Dead man walking, Affirmative action, and Slow down". That would be as close to releasing an album on Def Jam Records, as Cormega would get. Rumors started flaring over the Internet and over Hip-Hop magazines as to how much pull Nas really had in this industry. Magazines and fans blaming the push back of Cormega's album on Nas and his influence over the Hip-Hop community. Cormega struggled to find another record companies to sign him to a deal. One year later in 1999 Cormega finally released a song with Violator entitled "Who can I trust" featuring The Hot Boys. The song was featured on the volume one edition of The Violator album. Cormega's song didn't get any radio play and was not one of the premier singles off the album. Cormega in 2000 finally found a home with the Koch Record Label. In 2001 Cormega put out his first official album entitled "The Realness" which included guest appearances by Tragedy Khadafi, and Mobb deep.

It wasn't much later after that when Cormega had already established himself as one of the hottest artist that Queens Bridge had to offer. Cormega would take shots at Nas on some of his material either freestyles, songs, or even on interviews. At the same time beef between Nas and Jay-z had risen, Jay-z had made a diss track to Nas on his "The Blueprint" album. Nas came back with a freestyle diss soon to be entitled "H to the omo". On that freestyle Nas had taken some shots at Cormega. Cormega came back firing on a freestyle of his own using the same beat that Nas had used with harsh lyrics such as "Nas couldn't pump a reebok". On this Freestyle diss from Cormega towards Nas, Cormega claimed as to being a Ghostwriter for Nas on some of his most classic material.

On December 18th 2001 Nas released his album where he reinvented himself as Stillmatic. Regaining Hip-Hop's top spot and conquering top honors. Nas put a monstrous comeback diss entitled "Destroy and Rebuild" where Nas took Cormega apart limb by limb. This track was an instant Hip-Hop classic, Hip-Hop heads in the urban communities were left with there jaws open in disbelief. Cormega didn't sit down and take the punishment he came back with another freestyle diss towards Nas entitled "Poetry". Cormega's second album to be released June 25, 2002 entitled "The True meaning", has already turned heads. This album features a few disses towards Nas, especially one of the four top tracks on this album entitled "A slick Response". Where Cormega tells a Nas story over the The Notorious B.I.G.'s classic Juicy beat.

In Hip-Hop there have been a lot of wars including LL cool J vs Canibus, Eminem vs Cage, 2pac vs The Notorious B.i.g., Jay-z vs Nas, Eminem vs Canibus, Bad Boy vs Death Row, East vs West and now this soon to be classic beef between Nas and Cormega. Where exactly is this beef going to or to what extents will this beef be taken to, where and exactly how high it will rise nobody knows. I am sure of one thing though, I guarantee you its only the beginning so don't take this beef too lightly because the best is still to come!

I think some of that is wrong. It says Cormega was replaced by Nature because he was in jail, but if you watch any interview of Cormega, he always makes sure when people ask about it that people know that he would've been in the firm had he signed a production deal. But he didn't so he was replaced by Nature and it was all good until Nas said on a song, "You with the firm, how's that when you got your spot jacked?" I'm upping the video so I'll edit this and put the link in here.

EDIT: here's the video... It's a good watch too...
http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IAGCHJ0Y5HQU14ID2HAT2JEYR

2pacnbiggie said:
Cormega's second album to be released June 25, 2002 entitled "The True meaning", has already turned heads. This album features a few disses towards Nas, especially one of the four top tracks on this album entitled "A slick Response". Where Cormega tells a Nas story over the The Notorious B.I.G.'s classic Juicy beat.
What the fuck? lol. Nothing in that sentence is true. Ya he made a song "A Slick Responce" but was it on the True Meaning? No. A Slick Responce is old. Did he diss Nas on "The True Meaning"? No. Only song on the True Meaning towards Nas is "Love in, Love out" and it just tells the story of what happened. It's not a diss at all.

Ballin'7 said:
I think some of that is wrong. It says Cormega was replaced by Nature because he was in jail, but if you watch any interview of Cormega, he always makes sure when people ask about it that people know that he would've been in the firm had he signed a production deal. But he didn't so he was replaced by Nature and it was all good until Nas said on a song, "You with the firm, how's that when you got your spot jacked?" I'm upping the video so I'll edit this and put the link in here.

EDIT: here's the video... It's a good watch too...
http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1IAGCHJ0Y5HQU14ID2HAT2JEYR

What the fuck? lol. Nothing in that sentence is true. Ya he made a song "A Slick Responce" but was it on the True Meaning? No. A Slick Responce is old. Did he diss Nas on "The True Meaning"? No. Only song on the True Meaning towards Nas is "Love in, Love out" and it just tells the story of what happened. It's not a diss at all.
Yea some of that article is off on the song love in love out he explains the beef wit nas and he says its cuz of the production deal

anyway i got the article from off here...
http://www.micstage.com/index.php?categoryid=7&p2_articleid=3

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.