Napoleon’s Journey To Islam

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
As reported by United Arab Emirates website XPRESS, rapper and former member of the rap group the Outlaw Immortalz, Napoleon, recently held a lecture at the Jumeirah Islamic Learning Center in Dubai on the danger’s of “gangsta culture” and his journey to Islam.

“I really felt empty inside when my career peaked at 25. I thought that when I made it and had the money and mansions, I would be happy, but the more I got, the emptier I felt,” Napoleon said.

Napoleon (real name: Mutah Wassin Shabazz Beale) alongside the late Tupac Shakur and the Outlawz, sold millions of records together, until the passing of Shakur in September 1996.

“What really saddened me was to see the young boys here trying to be gangsta and aspiring to wrong beliefs and idols,” he continued.

“Three years ago, I came to Abu Dhabi to meet my in-laws and start a business in Saudi Arabia. But I ended up staying here for four months. I will be moving to Abu Dhabi within the coming year.”

Have Mercy, Napoleon’s solo debut album, was intended for a 2005 release, but instead ended up getting shelved.

The album featured R&B singers Jon B and Val Young, and featured production from multi-platinum record producer Johnny Jackson, who is best known for working with the late Tupac Shakur.

yeah me too...............i still wish have mercy was released though, maybe some day. I think it would go a long way in righting some of the wrongs he believed he made by giving kids negative music, this album had good messages and real shit to think about and consider, much more positive than his past music, although i liked that anyway.

People need to man up and be responsible for thier actions, they have a brain, and they are thier own person, individual, they dont need to copy what they hear or blame thier actions on music they heard, but unfortunately it happens. An album like Have Mercy would have been a positive album that would maybe make people like that consider what they are doing.

much respect to Mutah.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.