N.W.A. Urged To Stop Recording By F.B.I.

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
New reports now reveal that federal agents officially asked rap pioneers N.W.A. to stop recording after receiving a slew of complaints about their expletive-laden lyrics.

In an essay written for America’s Flaunt magazine, group co-founder Arabian Prince reveals he and band mates Ice Cube and Eazy-E received letters from F.B.I. officials asking them to stop releasing hardcore rap music.

Prince
- real name Mik Lezan - recalls, "(They told us) to stop recording such music… Upon our arrival at every airport terminal, we received a visit from the police reminding us not to use profanity on stage in their town, or face going to jail."

But the Straight Outta Compton rap super-group refused to acknowledge the threat against them - because they felt they were on a free-speech mission.

The rapper writes, "N.W.A. is best known for the fight for freedom of speech and expression."

Kadafi Son

At first I was hyped because I thought it was referring to sometype of reunion, but damn was i pissed. This is actually 20 years old man.

^^^Yes, this is very embarrasing for the site

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Did you guys replying above even read the article? This is NEW NEWS. The information has just been released.

This is like you bitching that information released under the freedom of information act about events that happened 50 years ago is "old news."

Seriously, how is this embarrassing? It is newly revealed information about one of Hip-Hop's most influential and controversial acts.

Shahin

Rukas, this is nothing like your example. The only new information it brings up is that Arabian Prince wrote an essay about NWA. The whole focus og the article was on something everybody knew like 19 years ago.

Farzin

This is news to me. And i am sure a lot of other people. Not everyone is as old as you fucks. Or knows as much. Besides as Rukas said this is from an unheard perspective.

Kadafi Son

For anybody ever knew about NWA knows that for a fact, letters weren't to NWA about stopping the performance of songs like Fuck The Police. I mean, there are dozens of documentaries about NWA and about how they were harrassed by the FBI. And I was just born during that time. If your gonna put up 20 year old news, you might as well go into the perspective of late 94 and report that 2pac JUST got shot or talk about how Eazy E JUST died. This is the first time in streethop history that I ever saw old news put up like it was fresh news. If its not embarrassing, then its quite unneccessary (and funny)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.