My SXSW experience

Big Flipp

So here is a little rundown of my week. Wednesday night I saw Cody Chestnutt and Saul Williams. I got to meet Cody. He was standing next to us during Saul's show. He introduced himself to me and when I told him my name was Skipp he thought I said Skim and was calling me that. Thursday night was pretty low key but I did manage to see Sage Francis, Slug and Pigeon John. Friday night was nuts, all in one show I saw Brother Ali, Cage, El-P, Aesop Rock, Gift of Gab, Lyrics Born and Boots Riley. Gift of Gab, Lyrics Born and Boots all performed with this great jam band Galatic. Saturday I saw Ghostface and Rakim together, I can not even explain how amazing it was.
The best part of it was seeing the artist around town, hanging out and watching other shows. During the Ghostface and Rakim show ever rapper whow as in town was there. Oh thursday night I ran into C Rayz Walz at the bar and he gave me a cd.
All together it was four days of great music and tons of drinking, now I will spend the week recovering from it all.

sounds dope as hell man. What do u think of the dropping?... I didnt feel it was as strong as his other releseases, but it is just an internet album, so I guess u cant expect something like Ravipops.

btw, other than Ghost and Raekwon, who was the most stand up performance by?

Big Flipp

the best in my opinion was galatic played with lyrics born, gift of gab and boots. it was one of the greatest shows i've ever seen.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.