My Random thoughts about Hip Hop

absolut_dreII said:
For some strange reason I have a glimmer of hope in it. And I still love the game, just not the players. Asshole.
Helping yourself beat anger

If you feel yourself getting angry, don't let it build up until you have a violent outburst. Try breathing deeply from your diaphragm in long, slow breaths, giving your heartbeat a chance to slow down. As you breathe, imagine a strong core inside you. Repeat a word such as "relax" or "calm" as you breathe.

Then give yourself time to think. Get out of the situation if you need to, and find someone to talk things over with, who will help you to calm down. Try and think logically about the cause of your anger. Consider if there is a misunderstanding or if you are really angry about this or something else such as financial or personal problems.

source:http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/managing_anger.html

And even the mainstream albums, they may not all be polished lyrically, but the production is the best it has ever been.
Totally disagree with the production being the best its ever been. SO many beats nowadays have just too many things going on in them - just too damn complicated. Im not saying that every beat out at the moment is wack, but I find the production in the throughout the 90's far superior to whats coming out at the moment.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DEEJAY* said:
Totally disagree with the production being the best its ever been. SO many beats nowadays have just too many things going on in them - just too damn complicated. Im not saying that every beat out at the moment is wack, but I find the production in the throughout the 90's far superior to whats coming out at the moment.

It's all about opinions. But I think that there are more original beats than in the 90's. A lot of producers in the 90's (Bad Boy especially), basically took an instrumental and added drums.

Your right its only a matter of opinions...but i'd take the likes of Lord Finesse, EZ Elpee, Diamond D, Easy Mo Bee, 90's dj premier etc etc over any producers out now

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
roaches said:
What's wrong with that?

Nothing is wrong with it. I had an argument with someone on here before who said badboy were "wack" for "stealing beats".

I loved the beats in from the 90's. I just think that hip-hop is more "professional" now. Music wise. There are more musicians Vs the DJ's of the 90's.

Obviously I prefer the music of that era, who doesn't. I'm just trying to show that hip-hop is evolving and not dying.

ARon

^ No not really. I would agree that Hip-Hop doesn't look for an amazing MC anymore and mainly looks for a good beat. These guys makin music to sell cater to us, we just so happen to be lookin for club friendly good beats with little lyricism in them. No need for underground mainstream shit to argue this, thats stupid first off, and I'm talking about the majority of what is listened to.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
absolut_dreII said:
So in conclusion the production has evolved but the MC has died. Can we all agree on that?
It's a formula that record companies are using. It's what sells and makes the money. I wouldn't say the lyricism is gone but it is rarely heard on the radio, especially in the UK.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.