My Random thoughts about Hip Hop PT. 3

- I'm not the biggest Immortal Technique fan but I have to admit that the Watch Out Freestyle is kinda sick

- Mobb Deep might have survived the Delta flight but nothing can rescue their careers from crashing and burning

- New York city's wallowing second class status in contemporary rap culture is so glaringly obvious it amuses me when Kay Slay attempts to propagandize the public into believing New York is still "running shit". Someone should ask dude why all his compilation tapes are chocked full of artists from the South

- I'm looking forward to Facecandy. When it comes to concept joints Eyedea is up there with the best of them

- I'm glad The Source lost but happy Kimberly Osorio won't get the full 15 mil

- The Village Voice piece on rap industry insiders' moral struggle is disturbing

- I’m glad to hear that Akrobatik has inked a deal with Raptivism/Imperial Records. Hopefully the opportunities afforded to him under the terms of a new imprint will enable him to achieve his full potential in the game

- With the exception of Storm The Unpredictable, The Freestyle 59 contestents were wack

- The Afro Lafayette horns on Show me what you got are horrible. Only Just Blaze could bastardise Shaft In Africa

- I’m still wretching at the news that Young Jeezy has apparently recorded 114 songs incase something should happen to him. The thought of 6 or 7 post-humous Snowman albums is more than I can bare

- Speaking of post-humous albums, I'm sure the ten year anniversary of 2 Pac's passing warrants something more than just another subpar collection of material he never intended to put out

- I’m curious to see if UGK will deliver on Underground Kingz

- The Mr. Lif tour is pure fire

- How long will it be before Redman finally admits to himself that Red Gone Wild will probably never see the light of day?

- I'm looking forward to the Verbal Threat album but that B side on Reality Check is garbage

- If you reside in Chicago I’d recommend checking out the Dove Ink/All Natural gig at the Abbey on November 17th or if your in New York go to the Pyramid club on November 22nd for Collision

- Will Hell Hath No Fury really live up to it's expectations? I for one place no faith in XXL

linx

Staff member
I am REALLY hopin to see "The Growth" atleast sometime before the second half of next year, lol. The same goes for OB4CL2. Hopefully the good releases at the end of this year and early next year will keep me occupied!

DrugBa11ad said:
X only sold 17k????!?!! daaaamn i feel bad for dude. some of the songs were hot man.
Yeah. I think I listened to a full Xzibit album once, start to finish without skipping...

after taking a large dose of sedatives to combat my insomnia. X to the Z indeed.

albohemia said:
- Mobb Deep might have survived the Delta flight but nothing can rescue their careers from crashing and burning
Mobb Deep are ill. Apart from the plane crash they have had a great year, they were the first hip hop dudes to conquer India I might add.

albohemia said:
- Will Hell Hath No Fury really live up to it's expectations? I for one place no faith in XXL
I placed my faith in that review and still think it was bang on the mark. The Clipse album the world had been waiting for was worth the anticipation.

cookiesoda said:
Mobb Deep are ill. Apart from the plane crash they have had a great year, they were the first hip hop dudes to conquer India I might add.
Has someone sprinkled forties on your Marshmallow fruit loops? Blood Money hasn't even gone gold, Prodigy has fallen off, Havoc has beef with 50 and that revolutinary Indian gig your referring to consisted of a twenty minute Infamous Records set because Prodigy couldn't be fucked to turn up. Ain't exactly been a year filled with Kodak Moments.

cookiesoda said:
I placed my faith in that review and still think it was bang on the mark. The Clipse album the world had been waiting for was worth the anticipation.
Pretty much every music publication has given the album strong reviews but that still doesn't negate the fact that Brendan Frederick is uninformed about dope hip hop.

ImmortalTech said:
how do u feel about facecandy now that u heard it?... or atleast i would think u have if u were lookin forward to it
Enthralled, refreshed and suprised. In that order.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.