my history assessment (hiphop related)

Status
Not open for further replies.
im gonna be doing a huge assessment for my senior years of highs chool and decidesd to do it somthing about hiphop/mainly rap music and its impact on society about its influences and both sides of it
like the 50cent bullshit about busting guns and reflected on the stuff that DOESNT get played, that have more positive messages and that rap music isnt all " talking fast " and " ghetto " and " bust a cap in your ass nigga" bullshit that most people think , im looking for feedback on how to do it and ideas u guys might have for me its a lecture and a powerpoint presintation( like a movie) sorta thing
anyway
reply!!

Here is what you do...

you just pick albums that are the opposite of 50 cent. You pick the best songs out of it copy the lyrics and show that not every rapper is like 50 cent. Make sure you use some intelligent rappers allright...

roaches

So what you want to to do is:
1. Document hip-hop's impact on society
2. Document hip-hop's influences
3. Cast light on the lesser-known side of hip-hop

That sounds like three different projects.

nah , just cast the light on the lesserknown side of hiphop and why people dont like rap due to rappers like 50cent and know nothing abouty rappers like nas or tupac and so forth

dat asian kc said:
nah , just cast the light on the lesserknown side of hiphop and why people dont like rap due to rappers like 50cent and know nothing abouty rappers like nas or tupac and so forth
I think u need to find out if ppl really think like that b4 you start...
You might wanna use ur results and testpersons...for some other stuff too..

ARon

If your doing a presentation you can just ask around the classroom of which rappers students like, student involvement gets you more points anyway. Then since you'll find most of the artists to be the same, contrast those artists, shed light on the lesser known side, also use the influence of every rapper today, oldschool. Bring in music, i mean dont play the whole song but use verses that will make an impact on someones mind. Teach them what rap is, show them it is more than promotion, show them examples of flow, wordplay etc. You can do so much with hip-hop, just the impact on society or how it came about can turn into a whole presentation, this should be kind of easy. Just make sure you do Hip-Hop justice, please.

linx

Staff member
roaches said:
That's retarded, they're both two of the most popular rappers of our time.
Yeah really. To say people don't know who Pac and Nas are is just dumb. They are some of the most well-known rappers of all time. I don't know how you don't know this, lol.

yuou gotta go right back and talk about artists like KRS Public Enemy etc...and how white people became influenced in a postive way (Beastie Boys)

and yeah, for the 90's u can talk about 2pac etc...his positive/negetive influence..

modern day...Mos Def, Talib, etc...consciouse rap vs gangsta rap.

most of u dont understand rap here in australia people dont know shit about rap
they know songs like
how we do
candy shop
in da club
all the VERY mainstream shit
in usa and cananda rappers like fabolous and nas and mos def talib ans so forth are not heard of unless u follow the rap movement

what im aiming to do is to show why the kids here know ONLY that bullshit and then lable rap music with ghetto bust a cap in ur ass nigga bullshit when not all artists wear that uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.