my 10 from the last 2 years...

7 Syns

1st five, random order.

common; the lyrical poet, maturing like a wine on the mic. finding forever, ill guest verses all branches from what he started on b.e.

black thought; keeps getting doper as an mc imo. flow and rhymes can match anyone from any era, it all comes down to personal taste i guess. game theory was my ish.

lupe fiasco; it's as if he bumped crazy tribe, nas, common, blackstar, de la soul etc. loving the music he is creating, food & liquor was a monster of a record.

redman; after a long hiatus he came back strong, witty and it was is if nothing had changed expect the year. live from the bricks served as a nice appetizer for red gone wild. crazy ish.

zion; this years ep street legends was dope and his mixtape series city of dope especially the recent one is hot. true & livin' from 2005 was his overall best material thus far however imo.

i'm tired and can't be stuffed finishing it today so to be continued tomorrow.

peac3.

ARon

There are a lot of new artists I'm diggin, this would be tough for me so, yeah that has nothin to do with shit but whatever.

I might be the only person not feelin Lupe. Food and Liquor just wasn't what I was expecting I guess. Plainly he's just too soft. His voice, flow, delivery all that I just want more impact from him. I like that Rhyming Ape mixtape of his way better.

Good choice with Black Thought too. He has really stepped it up big, kind of makes me think it went unnoticed considering they got Peedi to join the crew.

Your obsession with Redman is known, there is good reason to be like that. But I think there are better people who have dropped recently. But then again its Red, can't really argue it.

7 Syns

2nd five, random order.

ghostface killah; fishscale, more fish, fish & chips and hidden darts all within 18 months. consistantly dropping music without sacrificing quality. hasn't made anything that has topped supreme clientele, but fishscale came real close.

bun b; great work ethic, the new age busta rhymes ripping every collaboration he finds himself on and there's alot of them. trill was a decent album however underground kingz which recently dropped was the real gem. may not be as dope as he used to be circa-ridin' dirty but still ill regardless.

blu; below the heavens was my first real embracing to what he has to offer and goddamn how tight is this dude? went back and downloaded/bought a few of his other material and yeah its official. stopping sleeping on the west.

sean price; since he dropped monkey barz he has had a cult following which i guess really started with the noc'turnal/boot camp clik movement. however he has come 360 and dropped jesus price superstar and master p mixtape. consistent through both, dope as fuck and definitely deserves a top 10 spot.

pharoahe monch; had to add him based on desire & the awakening alone. even though they are the only real bodys of work he has dropped in 8+ years he kept it sizzling through with guest verses and just being a dope emcee.

so there you have it my top 10 at the moment.

peac3.

7 Syns

the re-cap

common,
ghostface killah,
black thought,
bun b,
lupe fiasco,
blu,
redman,
sean price,
zion &
pharoahe monch.

peac3.

linx

Staff member
Nice list. I'd add one of my own, but I hate making lists like this. I forget what was released within the last 2 years and.. ehh.. lol.

Preach

^^
same lol. agree with a few. don't really dig sean price all that much though. common sounded great on be but i was one of the people who didn't like the way the mixed his vocals, and the passion he rapped with, on finding forever. still an averagely good album that will get replays from me, but ill put it like this, its a five out of ten stars for me.

hee hee yeah i'm a big red fan too. good post. have to agree with you on the one's i listen to. lupe is good for a newer guy. i really liked some of the songs on his album. liked it overall but american terrorist and instrumental were both awesome songs that stay on my mp3 player

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.