MTV Crowns Lil Wayne As “Man Of The Year”

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
MTV has given this year’s honorary title of “Man of the year” to none other than rap superstar Lil Wayne.

Throughout the year, the New Orleans-native has continued to achieve a higher status within the music industry.

Wayne made a mark in 2008 that has not yet been touched by any artist in his genre, artists such as Kanye West and 50 Cent, to name a few.

With the release of his critically acclaimed album The Carter III, Wayne reached platinum status in only its first week of album sales.

After the release of his first album single “Lollipop,” the song quickly positioned from No. 85 to No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100.

In the week of May 3, 2008, “Lolipop” took the No. 1 position, also reaching No. 1 on TRL, making it the first rap song to reach its peak since the release of Ludacris’ “Money Maker.”

Later in the year, it was revealed that Lil Wayne had been nominated for eight Grammy awards.

As a solo artist, Wayne led the number of nominations, with Coldplay sitting right behind.

With countless honors, several Grammy nominations, chart topping singles and a number one album in the country, the only question that remains is what can we expect from Wayne next year?

As much as I hate Lil Wayne, I have to say that he really did rock 2008... though I think it's gay as fuck that he always has a guitar with him but really can't play, like on the Country Music Awards. That was just stupid.

Fuck you

First of all...lil wayne is fuckin awesome, the carter III was a great album,if you didnt like it...dont listen, and kiss my left nut...biiiitch

THUG-7

lil wayne might not be a good rapper but he is a entertainer. come on he sold 1mill in a first week.

Mate am in london when i hit the clubs and loli pop come up the crowd are diggin his tunes.

i respect you mr carter for entertainn us

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.