Mr. Lif's new LP almost complete

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
The follow-up to Mr. Lif’s critically acclaimed 2002 debut LP Phantom is finally reaching a legitimate stage of completion and warranted an update by the trucker-hat helmed head honcho on the Def Jux website.

Lif’s sophomore joint, tentatively titled, Mo’ Suffrage is steady taking shape. So far El-P reports that 9 tracks have been finished, and the majority of the production has been handled by the El Producto himself.

El-P was quick to refrain from divulging too many secrets about the highly anticipated second album from one of Beantown’s finest MCs, but stated that Aesop Rock and Blueprint will grace Lif’s project with verses over a Blueprint produced track. When describing the sound of the album El-P stated, "Everything is fuckin’ nuts. I’m taking a grimey-er approach with this record. Not much syth work... lots of Bomb Squad influence and organic breaks and drums."

Source: UndergroundHipHop.com

ARon

I Phantom was crazy I have no reason to expect anything less from this, very excited. Especially with El-P saying he is taking a grimier approach, thats tight. Good news.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.