Movie about Afeni Shakur in the works

Caesar

Staff member
Young Noble of Tupac Shakur's Outlawz has secured the rights to Dear Mama: The Life Story of Afeni Shakur, a biopic about his deceased mentor's mother, Afeni Shakur. Noble will produce through his HollyHood Filmz company along with his partner Omar "Ice Man" Sharif, who directed American Rap Stars.

The film will chronicle the life of ‘Pac’s mother from her birth as Alice Faye Williams in Lumberton, N.C. to her battles with record labels for the rights to her son’s posthumous material. Also covered in the film will be the extraordinary story of Afeni’s time with the Black Panther Party, her struggles with drug addiction and the murder of her son.

"The Dear Mama story is long overdue… I’m just so blessed to be in a position to produce this movie and make sure Afeni and ‘Pac is proud when its done, this movie will offer hope and be an inspiration to the millions of people who will see it," said Young Noble. "This incredible lady defended herself in court while pregnant with 2Pac during a bomb conspiracy trial facing 352 years and was acquitted of 156 counts against her and 20 other members of the Black Panther Party! I felt that the world needs to know where 2Pac got his mind, heart, spirit and courage so I called Afeni with the idea. She was excited and gave me her blessing."

The film will also be released with a soundtrack produced by Young Buck and Tha Outlawz for Cashville Records and 1 Nation Entertainment in association with Amaru Entertainment. Artists expected to appear on the compilation include Young Buck, The Outlawz, 50 Cent and T.I.

Good to see

This documentary is way overdue. Congratulations on landing it. Just getting an acquittal alone when Afeni represented herself in federal court was an unprecedented feat of monumental proportions. It is so rare to win when a defendant represents him or herself. Pro per defendants are rarely taken seriously, yet Afeni won with so many serious charges against her. She passed on to Tupac her passion to fight for what was right. Tupac was clearly his mother's son, and the title of your documentary, "Dear Mama," is so appropriate. I look forward to seeing it.
--Cathy Scott

Young Noble of Tupac Shakur's Outlawz has secured the rights to Dear Mama: The Life Story of Afeni Shakur, a biopic about his deceased mentor's mother, Afeni Shakur. Noble will produce through his HollyHood Filmz company along with his partner Omar "Ice Man" Sharif, who directed American Rap Stars.

The film will chronicle the life of ‘Pac’s mother from her birth as Alice Faye Williams in Lumberton, N.C. to her battles with record labels for the rights to her son’s posthumous material. Also covered in the film will be the extraordinary story of Afeni’s time with the Black Panther Party, her struggles with drug addiction and the murder of her son.

"The Dear Mama story is long overdue… I’m just so blessed to be in a position to produce this movie and make sure Afeni and ‘Pac is proud when its done, this movie will offer hope and be an inspiration to the millions of people who will see it," said Young Noble. "This incredible lady defended herself in court while pregnant with 2Pac during a bomb conspiracy trial facing 352 years and was acquitted of 156 counts against her and 20 other members of the Black Panther Party! I felt that the world needs to know where 2Pac got his mind, heart, spirit and courage so I called Afeni with the idea. She was excited and gave me her blessing."

The film will also be released with a soundtrack produced by Young Buck and Tha Outlawz for Cashville Records and 1 Nation Entertainment in association with Amaru Entertainment. Artists expected to appear on the compilation include Young Buck, The Outlawz, 50 Cent and T.I.
Oh great , more 50 cent, What a load of shit

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
yea it should, so why isn't it?
no thats not what i was indirectly saying. wrong tense. what i meant to say was...that this project sounds interesting..especially the part about the pac songs and tha vault....as an interest for afeni shakur? sure, i have a reasonable amount of interest in her....she is.. pacs mom ofcourse..and she did have a big influence in his life im sure.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.