Motown (and other old artists!)

Who in here likes all the old Funk Brothers' stuff from the 60's?

My favourite Motown artists would have to be the Temptations and my favourite older artist in general would have to be Otis Redding.

Some really good soundtracks (with older music) on them would have to be the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, the Big Chill soundtrack, and the Standing in the Shadows of Motown soundtrack.

Who are your favourite artists of the 60'/70's and why?

Emma

Dirty Dancing soundtrack = :thumb: :p

60/70's music is good .. my mum and dad love it so I listen to it quite a lot.

Marvin Gaye, Curtis Mayfield, Isaac Hayes, Al Green, Temptations, O Jay's, William DeVaughn, Rick James, James Brown, Sly & The Family Stone, Sister Sledge

haunted said:
The funk brothers are tight. Too bad they never got credit for all the stuff they did.
So true. They were the driving force behind so many of the successful artists of the era, and they never got the credit for it.

Have you seen the doco/movie "Standing In The Shadows Of Motown"? It focuses on the story of the Funk Brothers, and even has footage of stars like Ben Harper and Chaka Khan (and even an appearance from Montrell Jordan) singing all the Motown classics.

SeX KiTTeN said:
So true. They were the driving force behind so many of the successful artists of the era, and they never got the credit for it.

Have you seen the doco/movie "Standing In The Shadows Of Motown"? It focuses on the story of the Funk Brothers, and even has footage of stars like Ben Harper and Chaka Khan (and even an appearance from Montrell Jordan) singing all the Motown classics.
Yea ive seen that, i knew about them before that but i didnt really know the whole story until i watched that.

Otis Redding, Al Green, David Ruffin of The Temptations and more were all inspired and influenced by my favorite Sam Cooke, the greatest soul singer of all time. My other favorites consist of Eddie Kendricks, Marvin Gaye, Otis, the rest of the Temptations, and the Jacksons

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.