Most successful borough of NYC (with poll)

Which borough did the most successful rappers come out of?

• Staten Island

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brooklyn

• Queens

• Manhattan

• The Bronx

• Total voters

SonOf2pac

brooklyn has better rappers but w/o run dmc the rap game would have never been where it is today... so with them and nas in that category i choose queens

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
^well i was thinkin this was about which is most SUCCESSFUL so really would only put down the top-selling ones from each borough right :confused:

this shit could be settled by just chceckin sales lol

i know staten can be crossed off, & maybe manhattan?

it all started in the bronx but the foundation of hip hop came up outta queens wit artists like run dmc, ed lover, kool g rap, q-tip (tribe called quest) and ll cool j. some people might say in later years because of big names outta brooklyn like biggie, jay z, and pac that brooklyin is the most successful but look at how solid queens is still today... nas, 50 cent, mobb deep, noreaga, cormega along with a few ogs that are still making records. so i would have to say queens. however im suprised that long island didnt appear on ur list. they attributed a lot to the culture wit rappers like chuck d from public enemy, busta rhymes, flava flav, de la soul, epmd- to name a few big ones.

HellRazor05 said:
Like I said to Bank Robber, I wasn't trying to name every rapper from every borough. I just named some of the more well-known artists to give people a general idea of who's from where. BTW, Rakim's not from Queens, he's from Long Island.
My bad. Btw, good pool. :thumb:

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
I find that rappers from Queens come more deeper lyrics than Brooklyns selection of rappers. Queens breeds street rappers and BK breeds Party Rappers.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.