most gangster song of all time?

i was reading recently on a rap website cant remember what it was but they had a poll and over 100 000 people replied on the best gangster rap song of all time and a song came up that i had heard of but i didnt rate it as highly as they did obviously NUMBER 1 haha roy jones jr - cant be touched yeah this is the boxer roy jones jr it was fair bullshit in the whole thing N.W.A , PUBLIC ENEMY, lol wu tang clan got a very small mention i was expecting nwa or ice cube to be on top but no roy jones came out swinging haha amazing oh well tell me what u think neways

The Roy Jones who claimed he was the best in the world but ducked the best fighters.........i.e. Steve Collins, even went round to Jones's house with a t.v. crew.....lol...to ask him for a fight and he still shit himself.

"Today Was A Good day" Ice Cube.

i know, i know. but damn, this song is definitely something any hood can feel. any color can relate too. and any street muthafucka can vouche for.

another one that comes to mind is "Gots To Get Mine", MC Eight. classic gangsta.

stefanwzyga

The Roy Jones who claimed he was the best in the world but ducked the best fighters.........i.e. Steve Collins, even went round to Jones's house with a t.v. crew.....lol...to ask him for a fight and he still shit himself.

Steve collins was no better than a club fighter. To say Roy ducked him is nonsence. Steve cowarded out of a fight that was already made with Joe calzaghe cuz he knew he was gonna get KO'D. The only boxer Roy should have fought was the Polish/german dude(Aint gonna try an spell his name) but he would'nt leave germany.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
eazy e "creep n crawl"

nwa "dopeman"

hi-c "jack move"

2pac and Stretch "Under Pressure"

Dr. Dre "Lil Ghetto Boy remix" (from death row's greatest hits)

dr dre and snoop "deep cover" (any version)

"Steve collins was no better than a club fighter. To say Roy ducked him is nonsence. Steve cowarded out of a fight that was already made with Joe calzaghe cuz he knew he was gonna get KO'D. The only boxer Roy should have fought was the Polish/german dude(Aint gonna try an spell his name) but he would'nt leave germany."

He avoided collins, Benn, Eubank, and would have been leathered by them all. Collins had a granite jaw & could punch reasonably. He started as a counter puncher, then became a brawler to beat eubank etc. which suited his style & his SOLID chin. Jones knew he could no-way knock him out and probably would have taken a real beating from Collins. Hence he ducked him like many other GREAT fighters....thats why i think it was rediculouse to call him the pound 4 pound best.....you should fight the best and dont duck any1.

P.S. no club fighter beats Eubank and the rest he beat from that era, thats an insult....lol....therefore Collins was far more than a club fighter. Oh and Galzaghe wouldnt have knocked him out either, he had too much of a solid chin.......bit like a mexican really.

just found this too:
"He is considered to be one of the toughest boxers of the past century, widely considered to be the hardest pound for pound fighter of the late 90s, having never been stopped in a high profile career. The Irishman was part of a golden age of European Super Middleweight boxing, along with Chris Eubank, Joe Calzaghe and Nigel Benn."

and another.....lol:
"Always one for a bit of a laugh, Collins said to The Sun newspaper in the buildup to the first Benn fight that he had been approached by ReadyMix concrete as they were interested in sponsoring his chin."

one more:
"Collins reportedly stated in the press that he had no motivation left as he had spent the best part of his career chasing Roy Jones Jr. for a unification fight that had been promised to him many times. A fight with Calzaghe would do nothing to satisfy the desire he had for fighting Jones. He then added he wanted to retire on a high note with a good pay day, "Joe is a good up-and-coming kid, but he wouldn't fill a parish church"."

definitely the last one now:
"He is reported to have stated in Boxing World that he has spent so long chasing Roy Jones Jr that money was not an important factor any more and that he would "fight him in a phone box in front of two men and a dog"."

source - wikipedea.

Roy would have been beaten up. full stop.

stefanwzyga

He avoided collins, Benn, Eubank, and would have been leathered by them all. Collins had a granite jaw & could punch reasonably. He started as a counter puncher, then became a brawler to beat eubank etc. which suited his style & his SOLID chin. Jones knew he could no-way knock him out and probably would have taken a real beating from Collins. Hence he ducked him like many other GREAT fighters....thats why i think it was rediculouse to call him the pound 4 pound best.....you should fight the best and dont duck any1.

Why on earth do you think he avoided Benn and Eubank? Now i love Nigel benn but in no way did Roy back out of a fight with him, ok they should have fought after the Benn-mCcellan fight but emotions were running high and for one reaon or another it never happened. They should have fought and win or lose Benn should have retired afterwards.Benn did call him out after the fight but if he truely wanted to fight him the fight could have been easily made in America, but how could Benn been able to fight in America after the MCclellan fight? Benn-MClellan was too much for both sides of the pond, Roy would not fight in England and Benn couldnt really have went to America.Truth be known Benn was getting about 1 million a fight to fight in the UK and he was pretty much a spent force after MCclellan.

Now onto Eubank. You have got to be fuckin kidding me if you think Eubank wanted to fight Roy Jones:confused: Eubank made it perfectly clear he wanted to fight no top americans at all! You name me one top american he did fight? Eubank hated boxing and after the Michael watson fight was taking as easy fights as he could get away with, he pretty much said this himself.

P.S. no club fighter beats Eubank and the rest he beat from that era, thats an insult....lol....therefore Collins was far more than a club fighter. Oh and Galzaghe wouldnt have knocked him out either, he had too much of a solid chin.......bit like a mexican really.

Benn and Eubank were both finished as top class fighters when Collins fought them, that is a fact. And for the record the 1st Benn fight, he was doing fine untill he fucked up his Knee, the second fight he was just getting going and his corner pulled him out for some reason, he was doing ok, but like i said he was a spent force by this time.

Both the fights with Eubank were close, but that aint really a big deal, Eubank had been beaten atleast 4/5 times before they actually gave someone a decision over him.

just found this too:
"He is considered to be one of the toughest boxers of the past century, widely considered to be the hardest pound for pound fighter of the late 90s, having never been stopped in a high profile career. The Irishman was part of a golden age of European Super Middleweight boxing, along with Chris Eubank, Joe Calzaghe and Nigel Benn."

Tough means solid chin and he wont back down, dont mean he was a great fighter, cuz he obviously aint.

"Collins reportedly stated in the press that he had no motivation left as he had spent the best part of his career chasing Roy Jones Jr. for a unification fight that had been promised to him many times. A fight with Calzaghe would do nothing to satisfy the desire he had for fighting Jones. He then added he wanted to retire on a high note with a good pay day, "Joe is a good up-and-coming kid, but he wouldn't fill a parish church"."

Collins done nothing to deserve a shot at Roy jones, if he wanted a shot that badly he should have went back to the states and fought top american fighters instead of fighting domestic fighters.

Collind pulled out of a fight with Joe cuz he knew he would have been completely wiped out/outclassed/ and his career would have been ended1 He knew this very well which is why after the fight was all signed up he bottled it.

Roy would have been beaten up. full stop.

Are you for real? Please explain to me what skills Collins would be bringing to the table to defeat one of the greatest middle weights who ever lived? Jones never even had any close fights back in the mid nineties! So i have ne idea why you think Steve collins could have beaten him.

Casey

Staff member
I think boxing is just fucking stupid these days. There's too much money being made by the promoters who push the negative aspect and the brawler aspect and not the actual skill of the sport, which was how it was back in the day.

If there wasn't a massive overhaul and some seriously harsh restrictions put on it after what happened to McClellan there damn well should have been. I simply cannot fathom how something and especially a regulated sport can get to the point where a big dude becomes completely blind, almost completely deaf, crippled and massively brain damaged. How can something get that far without someone putting a stop to it? It's cos there's so much money involved in it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.