Mopreme Shakur To Produce Story On Mutulu Shakur And The Republic Of New Afrika

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
After news that DJ Vlad would be producing an episode of BET's American Gangster on Mac Dre and the Romper Room Gang, another hip-hop personality is producing for the cult-followed series.

Mopreme Shakur, most notable for his role in step-brother Tupac Shakur's first group Thug Life, has been enlisted to produce the story of Mutulu Shakur, Mopreme's father, and The Republic of New Afrika.

Mopreme reportedly contacted the show creators, who obliged in helping tell the story of the revolutionary who is presently incarcerated in Colorado for RICO Act charges, bank robbery and assisting the escape of Assata Shakur.

"I knew my father isn't the kind of gangster they had been doing stories about, but I thought that if my father suffers from all the consequences of being labeled and incarcerated as a gangster by the system that at the very least he could benefit from his story being told," explained Shakur in his motives for wanting to see the episode air.

"I'm very excited to be working on this episode because my father is an important figure in the Civil Rights Movement and his story should be remembered as a part of American history, so some of the positive things can be known about him and the Shakur legacy."

The episode is scheduled to air in November. Earlier this year, Mopreme worked with Bishop Lamont on the song "Death Before Dishonor."

Source: HipHopDX.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.