MOP Officially Signed Wit G Unit

M.O.P. Signs With G-Unit, Billy Danze Speaks
By Kye Stephenson
Date: 7/29/2005 3:00 pm

Rumors have persisted in recent weeks that Brownsville, New York rhyme posse M.O.P. has been on the verge of signing with 50 Cent's G-Unit Records.

Group member Billy Danze confirmed with AllHipHop.com that the group is now officially signed with 50's label.

"It's a beautiful thing, it's working out," Danze told AllHipHop.com. "We're doing new joints for the album and we're currently on the Anger Management tour with G-Unit."

The group was originally signed to Roc-A-Fella, but when the label was broken up and sold off to the Island Def Jam Music Group in December of 2004, the group was caught in the crossfire.

M.O.P. ended up on Dame Dash's Dame Dash Music Group, but in May of 2005, group manager Laze E. Laze told AllHipHop.com that M.O.P. planned on a clean break from all parties.

Danze explained that the new situation with G-Unit has afforded them lots of new opportunities and he's looking forward to creating some new, dope music, which should come out in early 2006.

"We got a new situation, so we wanna start fresh," Danze said. "We cover all the grounds we need to cover now."

With the recent signing of Mobb Deep to G-Unit confirmed as well, fans of the group should expect the possibility of some high-profile collaborations. According to Billy, no matter the label, it's still all about the hardcore.

"It doesn't matter who you're making music with or what label you’re signed to, as long as you're doing it the way you've done it for years," Danze explained. "We listen to dudes from everywhere, it don't make a difference who you are as long as you got good music."

Still, many loyal M.O.P. fans may feel like the group might change now that they are aligned with an international star like 50 Cent. Billy feels that fans should embrace the new label deal.

"Because you don't like the situation that I put myself in - which is a better situation - you don't wanna f**k with me no more? That doesn't make sense to me. What it means to me is you weren't really down with us anyway," Danze told Allhiphop.com. "We do music from the bottom, we represent the parts of society that people try to forget about, and we will continue to do that, regardless of our [label] situation."

As Billy puts it, true fans will ride or die and keep showing the love. "If you're a real fan, you're gonna want me on the winning team," he said.

You can currently catch M.O.P. performing at various venues across the country performing on the Anger Management Tour.

PDT

Man, I just hope they stick with their usual producers for the most part, that fuckin' hype ass shit, and I'll be cool.

I think it'll be a good move for them &, hopefully, they'll actually be able to drop some music without hassles now.

I do wonder how G-Unit Records has so much bloody money now. I know Mobb Deep & M.O.P wouldn't be getting amazing money but still, 50's making pretty major moves.

MOP has been one of hiphop best undergound groups 4 over 10years.I'm happy 2 see them get the change 2 shine. People can say what they want about 50 rapper but he is a smart business man.Holla

Ten A key said:
why not be happy I'm looking forward 2 seeing MOP in the spotlight for one's
Be happy for what? 50 is just gonna try to dumb down the group to make them more marketable to suburban white kids. I know M.O.P. will keep it real though... I just wish they would have went with another label...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.