Mod Abusing Powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been noticing that Tru Principle has been deleting posts that didn't need to be deleted in the Life forum.

Example:

http://www.streethop.com/forum/thread168998.html

The dude asked "does the real og feature edi and val young on the hook?". I replied "No." and my post was deleted.

He's also been closing threads for no good reason.

Example:

http://www.streethop.com/forum/showthread.php?p=613417#post613417

He closed the above thread and posted "Make a new thread instead of upping an old one.. thanks". Excuse me, isn't it the other way around? Don't mods usually complain when you make a new thread instead of searching for the old one?

Please do something about this. Thanks.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
OK.

I don't think Tru Principle is abusing power. I like his modding.

I agree with Kamikazi about the first thread. But Tru Principle may have thought you were kidding around, as you have been known to, or maybe you could have dropped some more info. Either way. I agree. But wouldn't call it an abuse of power. Either a mistake, or a difference of opinion.

As for thread 2. He had a point. And it still stands. The thread is 4 months old. And no further info was added apart from a video from YouTube. Maybe it could have stayed open. But I'd have closed it.

The.Menace

Staff member
I agree. Mods might make faults or can feel different about a topic than the community (which is a fault - thinkin about it), but that doesn't is an "abuse" right away. Abuse means a Mod takes on purpose actions against the will of the comunity/staff - and that's a harsh accusation.

Pittsey said:
I agree with Kamikazi about the first thread. But Tru Principle may have thought you were kidding around, as you have been known to, or maybe you could have dropped some more info. Either way. I agree. But wouldn't call it an abuse of power. Either a mistake, or a difference of opinion.
I have reason to believe his reason to delete my post was personal.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
KAMIKAZI said:
I have reason to believe his reason to delete my post was personal.
if that's the case let us know if deletion happens again (a few times at least) and we can have another look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.