Mobb deep

masta247 said:
Coz like we all know Mobb deep are Pac haters n Gunit are Pacs wannabees so its like a totally different thoughts.
Fool, if G-Unit wants to be Pac, then every rapper wants to be Pac... did Pac ever rap about bling or being a pimp? No.

Mobb Signing To G-Unit

^ one of the biggest dissapointments of '05. i know their last album blew but they always had potential, they could have came back, just stayed in the lab, revised their strat, got beats from al, just blaze and features from nas, but no, they throw their 50/50 deal with jive away and join up with the biggest diluter and extortionist in hiphop

one love
a

Shot 21

"Man I only loved 2 Pac after his death, but if we would have bumped heads then he woulda been a mess" - Prodigy on a mixtape earlier this year.

Thats a diss. Hussein Fatal dissed em back for that. Fuck Mobb Deep man. I aint bothered about them beefing with Pac when he was alive, Im a massive Nas fan and also like Biggie, Puffy, Dre and all that. But dissing a dead man is fake and totally wrong. Whether its Pac, Biggie, Pun, Big L or Soulja Slim. It dissapoints me when I see good artists like M.O.P or Kool G Rap (if he does) sign to G Unit because they sell out and turn from the well-respected rappers they were, to pop chart rulers with the Steroid Monster singing all their hooks (I bet the first single that drops from everyone who signs will have 50 in). But I have never liked Mobb Deep so theyre perfect for the label. Just gives me more reason to where the G Unot top Im wearing right now.

Shot 21 said:
"Man I only loved 2 Pac after his death, but if we would have bumped heads then he woulda been a mess" - Prodigy on a mixtape earlier this year.

Thats a diss. Hussein Fatal dissed em back for that. Fuck Mobb Deep man. I aint bothered about them beefing with Pac when he was alive, Im a massive Nas fan and also like Biggie, Puffy, Dre and all that. But dissing a dead man is fake and totally wrong. Whether its Pac, Biggie, Pun, Big L or Soulja Slim. It dissapoints me when I see good artists like M.O.P or Kool G Rap (if he does) sign to G Unit because they sell out and turn from the well-respected rappers they were, to pop chart rulers with the Steroid Monster singing all their hooks (I bet the first single that drops from everyone who signs will have 50 in). But I have never liked Mobb Deep so theyre perfect for the label. Just gives me more reason to where the G Unot top Im wearing right now.
how is that statement a diss?? seriously?? if anything its a compliment all P is saying Pac wouldn't of backed down from the situation and neither would he cos they not like that, so consequently the situation woulda been a mess

Franchise2003 said:
how is that statement a diss?? seriously?? if anything its a compliment all P is saying Pac wouldn't of backed down from the situation and neither would he cos they not like that, so consequently the situation woulda been a mess
It's a diss because damn near ten years later, they're still talking about it. It's over, and they still feel the need to mention Pac in a questionable context (and just the fact that it's questionable is already crossing a line). The whole reason the beef started was over a questionable line on "Survival of the Fittest". This isn't any different, and it's not like Mobb Deep was saying anything else when Pac was alive, not on a freestyle, not on a mixtape, nothing. Not until AFTER Pac died. "Drop a Gem on Em" was after Pac died, but as a hip-hop fan, I'd be somewhat inclined to understand that one diss IMMEDIATELY afterward since it's their reply to Pac's numerous disses, just to get their response out there to stand up for themselves. But once is enough, and motherfuckers don't need to keep standing up against a dead man nine years later.

Take the Death Row-Ruthless beef, for example. Both camps dissed each other on wax, but as soon as Eazy-E died, the Death Row artists didn't really bring his name up... not Dre, Snoop, Daz, or Kurupt, the main guys dissing him. And if they do mention him, it's in a positive way, like how Dre talked about Eazy on the 2001 album. But Suge, on the other hand, throws out little disses to Eazy (like when he appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live).

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
It's a diss because damn near ten years later, they're still talking about it. It's over, and they still feel the need to mention Pac in a questionable context (and just the fact that it's questionable is already crossing a line). The whole reason the beef started was over a questionable line on "Survival of the Fittest". This isn't any different, and it's not like Mobb Deep was saying anything else when Pac was alive, not on a freestyle, not on a mixtape, nothing. Not until AFTER Pac died. "Drop a Gem on Em" was after Pac died, but as a hip-hop fan, I'd be somewhat inclined to understand that one diss IMMEDIATELY afterward since it's their reply to Pac's numerous disses, just to get their response out there to stand up for themselves. But once is enough, and motherfuckers don't need to keep standing up against a dead man nine years later.

Take the Death Row-Ruthless beef, for example. Both camps dissed each other on wax, but as soon as Eazy-E died, the Death Row artists didn't really bring his name up... not Dre, Snoop, Daz, or Kurupt, the main guys dissing him. And if they do mention him, it's in a positive way, like how Dre talked about Eazy on the 2001 album. But Suge, on the other hand, throws out little disses to Eazy (like when he appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live).
maybe im just stupid but i don't understand were youre coming from from your post count im guessing youve posted in the life forum ABOUT TUPAC almost ten years later?? so are you "dissing him"??

if your girl told you she "loved you" how would you react?? is that a diss, i know i'd punch her in the ovaries :)

Franchise2003 said:
maybe im just stupid but i don't understand were youre coming from from your post count im guessing youve posted in the life forum ABOUT TUPAC almost ten years later?? so are you "dissing him"??

if your girl told you she "loved you" how would you react?? is that a diss, i know i'd punch her in the ovaries :)
You know that's not what I mean. I'm saying that it is Mobb Deep's QUESTIONABLE references to Pac. Anybody can talk about Pac, whether it's one day or fifty years after he died... especially if it's positive. Look at Nas and Jay-Z, Pac dissed both of them, but after Pac died, they don't diss him, and if they do mention Pac, it's always in an unquestionably postive context, and you know they aren't dissing, they're uplifting and respecting. Mobb Deep, on the other hand, when they do mention Pac, they're slick about it ("If we'd bumped heads, it would've been a mess"), and then it makes people go, "wait, was that a diss? what are they trying to say?" as seen in this thread. Hopefully that clarified my initial post, I'm just saying that if a rapper's words could be perceived as a diss, especially when talking about old old old beef with someone who died a while ago, then that's just lame, 'cause there's nothing to prove.

Think about the movie Friday (Ice Cube, Chris Tucker). You remember how when Dee Bo leaves Smokey and Craig, Smokey says: "He be like, 'shut the fuck up.' I be quiet... but when he leave... I be talkin' again." The reason why that line was so funny was because it showed how Smokey (although funny) got punked, Dee Bo was checkin him, and he backed down but he doesn't say shit until Dee Bo leaves. That's like the Mobb Deep/Pac thing, even now. Trying to be badasses to the public when its safe 'cause Pac is gone. It's pointless of Mobb Deep

okay i see were youre coming from and you made some good points maybe the mobb were trying to be a bit slick about the whole thing. But as for them only talkin bout pac when he was gone, this is untrue they made LA LA which though subliminal did address the beef which was beginning and recorded drop a gem on em when pac was alive and i'm 99% certain they would of released it on hell on earth if pac was still alive on the relase date. Its not exactly there fault pac passed away, are you suggesting they recorded drop a gem on em and kinda stored it away on the off chance pac would be killed so they could release it afterwards??

Franchise2003 said:
But as for them only talkin bout pac when he was gone, this is untrue they made LA LA which though subliminal did address the beef which was beginning and recorded drop a gem on em when pac was alive and i'm 99% certain they would of released it on hell on earth if pac was still alive on the relase date. Its not exactly there fault pac passed away, are you suggesting they recorded drop a gem on em and kinda stored it away on the off chance pac would be killed so they could release it afterwards??
"L.A., L.A." wasn't a diss to Pac, it was their response (with Capone-N-Noreaga, I believe) to Dogg Pound's "New York, New York" and the video had Dogg Pound look-a-likes getting checked. It wasn't really about Pac, but he addressed it onstage at the House of Blues concert, as we all know.

As for "Drop a Gem on 'Em" I mentioned in my original post that even though it was released after Pac died, I said in my opinion as a hip-hop fan, it was only fair that they put out their response. But at the same time, once was enough, and after you say what you have to say, you can't keep beating a dead horse. Look at Biggie and Junior M.A.F.I.A. Even though it's obvious that "Long Kiss Goodnight" was about Pac, Biggie had to defend himself, much like Mobb did, and that's fair, but he even went back in the studio and re-edited it to make it less of a diss 'cause Big's not gonna diss a dead man. Junior M.A.F.I.A. even recorded "Dig 'Em Up" (their response to "Hit 'Em Up") but even they knew that there was no point in dissing a dead man because it's both pathetic and disrespectful.

Back to my main point, I'm saying that it was fair for Mobb Deep to release "Drop a Gem on 'Em" when they did, but after that came out it should've been over, but even now they still drop a line here and there dissing Pac.

But its ok for Death Row to release tracks with Pac STILL dissing Mobb Deep which blow up and Mobb Deep have to grin and take the shit...I think Mobb Deep should be dissing Suge and them

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.