MOBB DEEP tell their side of the Saigon story

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
The Streets Is Talking: News & Notes From The Underground

OK, rappers: The VMAs have been over for weeks, but let's not forget to leave the physical altercations to the rockers like Kid Rock and Tommy Lee.

A couple of weeks ago, the long-brewing (as in years-in-the-making) Mobb Deep and Saigon tension spilled off of Internet interviews and street DVDs onto the stage. They performed at the same show at New York club S.O.B.'s, and as quickly as it looked like things would remain calm, they got to scrappin'.

There's YouTube footage of the incident floating around and it looked like chaotic tomfoolery. The Mobb was first to respond to the incident by releasing footage of the fight, followed by Sai's blog postings on his MySpace page, like the entry "I Finally Got Prodigy... ." Sai went on to say, "I know you all are seeing this YouTube video of like 25 Mobb Deep n---as chasing me out the club. ... And hell f---ing yeah I dipped up out of there untouched. ... But that was after I snuffed little punk ass Prodigy."

Sai has since said he's not talking about the incident anymore, but Prodigy and Havoc spoke to us directly to get their side of the altercation out there.

"We went to Hav's show, you know how we do, we the Mobb," Prodigy said. "We was going to show love and celebrate. It was all love. Then we hear [DJ] Premier on the mic saying, 'We got a special guest performance tonight: Saigon.' We all looking at each other like, 'Saigon? What is he doing here? Special guest performance? OK, let's get up onstage.' Basically, Hav showed him love. Saigon was like, 'Oh, it's all love.' I was glad that happened. But certain people around us was like, He's poppin' sh--. We f---ing him up.' And that's what happened. He caught lumps."

The footage shows what happened to Sai, and you could clearly see him hitting Prodigy in the face.

"For people to say, 'He snuffed P,' first of all, that's what happens in a fight," Prodigy said. "People get hit. I been hit plenty of times in my face in a fight. I done got people's teeth lodged in my knuckles and all that. That's what happens. At the end of the day, he got chased out the building.

"He saw an opportunity where he could hit me and he hit me," Prodigy added. "He was smart for doing that. But right after that, he got lumped some more. He's getting chased out the club [riding] on his man's back. N---as was telling him, 'Drop your jewelry and we'll stop chasing you.' [Sai says that never happened.] He dropped his watch then hopped in the car and left. We picked up his watch and threw it away 'cause it was fake. Me and Hav ain't even do none of this. When all of that was going on, we did a Mobb Deep performance. We did seven songs and bounced. [Saigon] got a little lucky punch, but dude hits like a girl. It's nothing. His man knocked me down 'cause he punched me in my shoulder. I jumped right back up from that."

"How do you jump on another man's back?" Havoc chimed in with a chuckle. "How do you do that? He jumped on another man's back [to flee the club]. He started with us from the beginning. He's a wack new rapper who will never be a legend. Mobb Deep are legends. If you think I'm wrong, say I'm wrong, but I got mad gold and platinum plaques."

Nobody applauds beef that spills off of wax. Luckily, the Mobb are saying they don't expect any serious violence to occur in the wake of this.

"That's what happens in rap music," Prodigy said. "Ain't nobody trying to kill nobody or nothing like that. Nobody is trying to do that. It's lumps. It's reasons behind everything. We ain't just reckless out here. Mobb Deep is way smarter than that. How you think we survived in the streets for so long? We ain't out here just recklessly wilding."

And in other beef, right before the show at S.O.B.'s, Havoc gave an interview disrespecting Kanye West, a man who has produced for the Mobb in the past.

"Hip-hop is in the state it's in," Hav tried to explain. "I'm just trying to make it a little more interesting. Of course I like Kanye. He knows I don't hate him. I met him, I like him, he's a good dude. It's just like being in the game with Michael Jordan. I love him to death, but I gotta foul him. Give him a quick elbow."

"It's the competition," Prodigy added. "From day one, we told everybody, 'We out to beat you.' We don't hate him. We did music with Kanye." ...

Maino, Saigon, Tru Life, French and Gutta on the set of "Come on Baby" video
Why is Saigon not talking about the Mobb? He wants to put the focus back on his music. The Greatest Story Never Told might come out this year. He just finished the video for "Come on Baby." It was shot last week in New York.

"We end up in a rock club," he told us of the plot. "We go somewhere to perform — me, Just [Blaze] and Swizz Beatz. "We go thinking it's a hip-hop spot, but it's a rock-and-roll spot. We go and see some rockers on the stage, and we kick them off the stage and rock the house." ...

Source: http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/100107/

linx

Staff member
Lol, Prodigy is so full of shit. He got snuffed and he KNOWS it. That watch line is so fucking fake. He got Saigons watch and threw it away cause it was fake? Shut up.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
It was a pathetic little fight.... The punch was poor... And the aftermath was pathetic... Mobb Deep's "crew" is a bunch of fat wannabe's.... The video was cringe worthy...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.