MF Doom Fans

Can any of the MF Doom fans on this site, hook it up with some tracks from him, because all I keep hearing nowadays is MF Doom this and that.I was on the MF Doom Forum, but its filled with nothing but MF Doom dickriders who hate Kanye 24/7 so I'm not going back to that bias place.So yall tell me whats so good about this guy that thats all I hear about.Post some tracks, and your thoughts about this dude.

Madvillain - Figaro

This is quite accessible to someone who isn't already a fan. Most of his stuff is quite hard to just listen to, it's an acquired taste no doubt. I don't know if it's warming up to me or if it is actually getting easier and more orthodox this year...anyway that song is from Madvillainy which was released under the name of "Madvillain" (MF DOOM and Madlib collab), he was in a group called KMD back in the early 90s, which was kind of like an offshoot of the Native Tongues, or at least they were in some way related to Brand Nubian and people just made the connection for the hell of it, he was called "Zev Love X" in that group, which disbanded due to tragic reasons and label troubles etc. Then he was a recluse for a few years, came back with a mask and a bunch of aliases (King Gheedorah, Viktor Vaughn, MF DOOM) and appears to be a workaholic since he has a new collaborative project quite regularly. He currently has a project with Dangermouse under the name of "Danger Doom" called The Mouse and the Mask--which is easily digestible to the average head probably because of Dangermouse--featuring Talib Kweli, Ghostface and Cee-Lo. Also he is supposed to be producing Ghostface's upcoming album, and if memory serves he is supposed to be doing some production on Raekwon's upcoming album.

His production is extremely strange, but when you get used to it you love it. Check Operation: Doomsday for probably the best representation.

Danger Doom - The Mask F. Ghostface

Also try to get "Deep Fried Frenz" and "Doomsday", they are pretty accessible, I don't have them on my computer. If you want to hear (what I think is) an amazing beat from him: De La Soul - Rock Co.Kane Flow F. MF DOOM

(BTW the alias info isn't entirely accurate, or its more specific than that and I can't remember)

He is also producing for Ghostface's new album coming out later this year. Should be tight, but I honestly think if these two put out an album together it would end up being my favorite hip hop album ever. My favorite two right now are Supreme Clientele (Ghostface) and Viktor Vaughn Vaudeville Villian (MF Doom)

Chronic

Infamous Josedy said:
I was on the MF Doom Forum, but its filled with nothing but MF Doom dickriders
Word, that place is horrible. One of DOOM's reasons for wearing the mask is overzealous fans but still you've got fans actually trying to get a mask like him
. Still not worse than the Life forum on here though.

It's hard to suggest songs because he can be an acquired taste. I'd peep the entire Operation: DOOMsday! and Vaudeville Villain (under his alias Viktor Vaughn) albums. O:D! is entirely self-produced (except for some co-production on 4 tracks), VV is produced by others.
After that check out Take Me to Your Leader by King Geedorah (one of his aliases. Fully produced by DOOM, except for co-production on one track. He rhymes on 5 tracks, of which 3 are solo, and there's 6 tracks with others rhyming over his beats. All guest verses are above average.) and Madvillainy by Madvillain (which is a group comprised of DOOM and producer/MC Madlib. Entirely produced by Madlib, except for some skits. You can hear it was created in Madlib's studio the Bomb Shelter.)

If you wanna peep more after that PM me or something.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.