Member of T.I's entourage killed in gun fight

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
A member of rapper T.I.’s entourage was killed, and three others were injured, in a gun battle early Wednesday that began in a Cincinnati nightclub.

Witnesses told police a verbal dispute began at Club Ritz, which was hosting an after-party held for T.I. and Bad Boy recording artist Yung Joc following an earlier performance at Bogarts. The fight prompted T.I. and his group to leave the party, but they were pursued by two SUVs, according to police.

A gun battle then ensued between T.I.’s crew and the passengers in the pursuing vehicles. Officers who arrived at the scene found four people with gunshot wounds.

Philant Johnson, 26, was pronounced dead at a local hospital. He was described as a spokesman for T.I.’s Grand Hustle record label and the rapper’s personal assistant.

Three other members of the rapper’s entourage received hospital treatment, including a Minnesota woman in stable condition, and a bodyguard and a driver who were later released. T.I. was not injured.

No arrests have been made as police say the shooters were gone by the time they arrived.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
seen this on WATL yesterday or day before.they were playin a video or two of t.i.'s and discussin how people were pointin the finger at t.i. just for bein who he is and how that finger pointin happens alot. etc

crazy shit R.IP

only a reflection of the united states...a country build on weapons and violence....until today

build on weapons - destroyed by weapons

People get killed in gunfights all over the world. Sudan, Iraq, Afganistan...etc.

It's not just the United States and it's not just Hip-Hop.

Will

it's not just hip hop? i dont see many mainstream artists of any other music genre getting shot at, and i bet if you compare the amount of gun related deaths in hip hop to that of any other genre nothing would come close.

you see people in iraq and afghanistan have real shit to die for such as political struggles/revolution whatever it may be, rappers seem to be dying over dumb shit.

to be perfectly honest i'm not surprised that there are so many gun related deaths in hip hop. i am a fan of the genre but it does glamourise the gun culture and violence and its not surprising that people do take it seriously and inevitably this leads to incidents like this happening.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Will said:
it's not just hip hop? i dont see many mainstream artists of any other music genre getting shot at, and i bet if you compare the amount of gun related deaths in hip hop to that of any other genre nothing would come close.

you see people in iraq and afghanistan have real shit to die for such as political struggles/revolution whatever it may be, rappers seem to be dying over dumb shit.

to be perfectly honest i'm not surprised that there are so many gun related deaths in hip hop. i am a fan of the genre but it does glamourise the gun culture and violence and its not surprising that people do take it seriously and inevitably this leads to incidents like this happening.
Ever heard of Dimebag Darryl? He got shot in the face while he was on stage playing.

Will said:
That's cus most ppl in Rock OD'd. A diferent form of self-destruction equally as tragic.

Will said:
Some people would say dying for your set or you block is equal to dyng for one's country. Just cus someone didn't die for oil supplies or the goverments political agenda doesn't lessen the impact of their death.

Bigg Limn said:
Ever heard of Dimebag Darryl? He got shot in the face while he was on stage playing.
you have a point there, but thats one incident, as compared to how many in hip-hop? the shit is out of control, and it needs to stop before we lose more talented artists over stupid pointless shit.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.