MC's Past their Prime

Name some rappers in the industry that you feel r past their prime...(that's not 2 say they don't make good music still, there just past their formative years)

Snoop Dogg
Dogg Pound
DJ Quik
Dr. Dre
Jay-z
Nas
Eminem
50Cent
Nore
Twista
Lil' Jon
Master P
Lil' Kim
Outlawz
E-40 / The Click
36 Mafia
Bone Thugs N' Harmony
Do Or Die
WuTang
Mos Def
Public Enemy
KRS-One

If it wasnt for some of these guys, wed have no more good hiphop music...think about name 1 good emcee with staying power whose come out within the last 5 years, besides i guess 50 cent whose lyrics are garbage but makes consistant hits...

and ok. ill give you kanye west

CoolWaterz said:
If it wasnt for some of these guys, wed have no more good hiphop music...think about name 1 good emcee with staying power whose come out within the last 5 years, besides i guess 50 cent whose lyrics are garbage but makes consistant hits...

and ok. ill give you kanye west
I didn't say they didn't put out good music, I said I think they have surpassed and won't be able to put out music as good as what has already been supplied by them.........I think they are past their popularity and the next generations r lookin' for somethin' new, although the future of hip hop is in jeapordy........and 50 may be puttin' out hits, but he's already as big as he will get.....I don't see him gettin' any bigger........he's already past his prime, his newer shit compared to his older shit if u listen.....the quality and effort have both decreased........

KO said:
when the hell was Master P any good to start with?? lmao

shit, I liked his stuff after I heard "Ice Cream Man" and "How U Do Dat There"...........I thought most of his shit in 92-97/98' was good...........didn't really like his shit when Tha Last Don came out or when he signed snoop dogg.....that album only had a few tracks I liked.........

if u were talkin' about silkk i could understand.....he's gotta be the worst rapper in the fuckin' world.......I hate that off beat shit he spits....either that or when they mix his vocals there just like fuck it......right here seems fine..........I can never get a steady rythym goin' when listenin' to him rap.....he sucks .

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I wouldn't say all these rappers are past their prime. They move in a new direction. They have different targets to meet. Was Power of The Dollar 50's best album. Most would say yes. A lot hate Massacre. Which gave him more success? And I don't just mean sales.

You can group 95% of all succesful rappers into the past their prime catagory. It happens. Once you get success you lose the hunger, and your creativity stops when you get comfortable. Bound to happen.

Pittsey said:
I wouldn't say all these rappers are past their prime. They move in a new direction. They have different targets to meet. Was Power of The Dollar 50's best album. Most would say yes. A lot hate Massacre. Which gave him more success? And I don't just mean sales.

You can group 95% of all succesful rappers into the past their prime catagory. It happens. Once you get success you lose the hunger, and your creativity stops when you get comfortable. Bound to happen.

yeah, like ICE CUBE

who cares who anyone else thinks about who is past their prime or not????????

its all about ur personal opinion, and what u feel like listening to at that very second, who gives a fuck about who is out of their prime.

it is only human nature to mature,grow tired of doing the same things over and over and creating challanges.

and yes i just waited 3 and a half minutes writing in this thread

Bigg Limn

Staff member
^Exactly, ur basing this all on people who are still around making music. Maybe theyre just fuckin with yall, putting out bullshit cuz itll be sold - but if the time came down 2 it theyd drop their best work ever. HIGHLY UNLIKELY AND HYPOTHETICAL, but hey it could happen.

Limn said:
^Exactly, ur basing this all on people who are still around making music. Maybe theyre just fuckin with yall, putting out bullshit cuz itll be sold - but if the time came down 2 it theyd drop their best work ever. HIGHLY UNLIKELY AND HYPOTHETICAL, but hey it could happen.
yeah, it could (but like u said not likely)

Dj Quik said his "Trauma" album that just came out was his best work 2 date, but I don't agree I think Quik is the Name and Safe & Sound are his best work......shit, i even think the best of album is better.........that's not to say I don't like it, it's got some cuts and some tracks I can't stand (Like Fandango)......

i feel u on alota this but tho u can say nas is past his prime but he kinda jus changed it up u kno he sat back for a while n looked at shit how it was goin n stayed him, he puts out classic music, i think that either jay is past his prime or he sees music as money n doesnt put the effort in like he used to his rhymes might sound good but the quality is TRASH

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.