MC Hammer's music catalog sold for $2.7million

The works of MC Hammer have been sold to a company called EverGreen Copyright for $2.7million.

"The MC Hammer catalog brings some of the best selling and most popular rap songs of all time to Evergreen's catalog," said David K. Schulhof, co-CEO of EverGreen. The company was created only six months ago but already owns over 40,000 copyrights.

"We anticipate that many songs in the MC Hammer catalog will emerge as a perfect fit for licensing in movies, television shows, and corporate advertising," said Schulhof. The material secured by the company include such hits as ‘Turn This Mutha Out’, ‘Too Legit To Quit’, ‘Pray’ and ‘U Can’t Touch This’.

MC Hammer has sold well over ten million albums and even though his income in 1991 amounted to $33million in 1991, he filed for bankruptcy in 1996 with a debt of over $14million.

His assets included a lavish mansion, $20million dollars, seventeen race cars, a Boeing 727, a race horse and a considerably large monthly income.

However the rapper is still in control of his most recent work, and is soon expected to release his new album, Look3X, which is already available on Itunes.

houseofpain said:
who cares?????
Stop saying who cares. Just because you don't care doesn't mean others don't. Obviously the 2 people that replied below you care. This is a hip hop news section, if you dont want to see hip hop news go to CMT.com or somethin.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
evergreen is gettin em..
yo i was wonderin if Hammer still has that one big ass house? didn't he lose it once when he bankrupt...then though got it back? or some shit IDK.

peace

houseofpain said:
still i dont care about mc hammer cause i never listen to him...im untitled to an opinion just like everyone else....
"Who cares?" is not an opinion. By saying that you're implying that not only you don't care but nobody does and there's no reason this should've been posted.

By the way, the word you're looking for is "entitled", not "untitled".

EDouble said:
evergreen is gettin em..
yo i was wonderin if Hammer still has that one big ass house? didn't he lose it once when he bankrupt...then though got it back? or some shit IDK.
No, the house is one of the few things he was able to keep when he went bankrupt, good for him too.A lot of people talk shit about MC Hammer, but he's a good person and he did have some hits.I definitely feel bad for him, but he's doing all right now.It is one thing to be broke all your life,but to be broke,then be a multi-millionaire, then lose it all-that'll make u wanna kill yourself.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.