MC Breed receives jail time for failure to pay child support

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
MC Breed learned recently that there ain’t no future in skipping child support payments, as the rapper was sentenced to a year in state prison for missing $200,000 in child support.

The Michigan artist, whose real name is Eric T. Breed, begged for the court’s mercy, citing that he is woefully short on funds.

"I'm in so much debt right now that it makes my head spin every time I think about it," Breed said.

But the court wasn’t trying to hear it. Genesee Circuit Court Judge Richard Yullie ordered the 34-year-old to prison, citing that his case has been continued for an extensive amount of time.

"Someone looking at this file would ask me why did I give Mr. Breed so many opportunities?... You have not met your obligations you have in respect to supporting these children," said Yullie.

Before Yullie’s ruling, the former rapper was sentenced to a year in jail by a separate judge on another child support case. Genesee Circuit Judge Archie Hayman’s decision came with the provision that he can participate in a work release program if he could secure employment. But Judge Yullie's judgment to a year in prison without the work release program supersedes Judge Hayman's ruling.

In Yullie’s court, Breed apologized for all of his "inconsistencies" and said that he'd abandoned his attempt to resurrect his rap career, which reached its peak in 1991 with the hit, “Ain’t No Future in Yo Frontin.”

Additionally, the rapper also had outstanding warrants in the Detroit area for failing to a pay speeding ticket and operating a vehicle with a suspended license. But these penalties were waived since he had already received a prison sentence.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.